In February 2017 Nikon executives already confirmed that Nikon will “bringing in multiple mirrorless cameras at an early stage” and in the future Nikon will concentrate their resources on medium to high-end DSLR cameras and lenses as well as mirrorless cameras.
Today the rumor mill is back with some more information about Nikon full frame mirrorless cameras, which are excepted to arrive in 2018. Below are the key points:
1. Nikon will announce two mirrorless cameras: one Nikon DX mirrorless and one Nikon full frame mirrorless.
3. New Nikon mirrorless mount.
4. Several new Nikon mirrorless lenses will be announced together with Nikon full frame mirrorless camera.
5. Nikon is currently working hard on the new F-mount to mirrorless mount adapter.
6. New viewfinder with serious improvements.
7. Official announcement in 2018.
Nikon has patented several full frame mirrorless lenses in the past few years and Nikon’s President Mr. Kazuo Ushida confirmed in an interview that the new Nikon mirrorless camera will be unique and different from other companies in terms of performance.
Stay tuned for more info.
Join the Nikon Camera Users Facebook Group to share your Nikon photography and advice, ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!