Looking for the best memory cards for Sony FX30? Here are our top recommended & fastest CFexpress Type A cards and SD cards for Sony FX30 cinema camera.
The Sony FX30 has dual memory card slots that both support CFexpress Type A cards and UHS-II SD cards, just like the Sony a7R V. CFexpress Type A has ultra-fast speeds that can be used for the FX30’s most advanced recording functions while SD cards are often more common and still have great speed and high capacities.
Aimed at small-scale video and social media production, the Sony FX30 APS-C cinema camera (B&H, Adorama) is essentially a Super35 version of Sony’s FX3 camera system, and it promises high-end production values at a more attainable price.
To get the most out of your Sony FX30 camera, you’ll need a couple of memory card with lightning-fast read and write speeds. Here we’ve compiled the full list of the best CFexpress Type A cards and SD cards for the Sony FX30 cinema camera, ranking them on speed, reliability, and price.
Best CFexpress Type A Cards for Sony FX30
The Sony FX30 are equipped with two memory card slots that are compatible with both CFexpress Type A cards and SDXC/SDHC cards, bringing wide range of shooting experiences to filmmakers.
There are just 6 CFexpress Type A cards available for purchase on the market at the moment. To save money, go with whatever card is currently on sale.
- Delkin Devices BLACK CFexpress Type A Card: Superior value at a lower cost than that of Lexar’s Gold Series. The Delkin Devices BLACK CFexpress Type A Card is able to achieve maximum read speeds of up to 880 MB/s, maximum write speeds of up to 790 MB/s, and minimum write speeds that won’t drop below 400 MB/s. It is well-suited for raw and continuous-burst photography, as well as 8K, 6K, and 4K video at high bitrates and frame rates. It is also waterproof and shockproof, as well as resistant to temperature extremes. Available in 80GB and 160GB capacities, it comes with a 48-hour replacement guarantee and lifetime warranty.
- Delkin Devices POWER CFexpress Type A Card: A cheap option that performs equally as well as the BLACK cards (without a 48 Hour Replacement Guarantee).
- Lexar Gold Series Professional CFexpress Type A Card: One of the fastest CFexpress Type A cards on the market. Lexar’s Gold Series CFexpress Type A Card claims to deliver read speeds of up to 900 MB/s, write speeds of up to 800 MB/s, and minimum sustained write speeds that won’t drop below 700 MB/s, as well as the VGP-400 video class standard, making it ideal for capturing high-quality images and 8K video. Available in 80GB and 160GB capacities, this card is resistant to extreme shock and vibration, temperatures, X-rays, electrostatic, and UV lighting and comes with a limited lifetime warranty.
- Sony TOUGH CFexpress Type A Card: The Sony TOUGH is the biggest CFexpress Type-A card available, with sizes of 80GB, 160GB, 320GB, and 640GB. This Sony TOUGH memory card has been tested to handle stiffness of 70 N, severe temperatures of up to 185 degrees Fahrenheit, X-rays, electrostatic discharges, and UV radiation, and can survive drops of up to 15 feet.
- ProGrade Digital Cobalt CFexpress Type A Card: Alternative that won’t break the bank! They may not be as sturdy as Sony’s cards, but their metal case protects them from extreme temperatures and improves their thermal conductivity. Your card’s built-in thermal throttling will protect both the card itself and any data saved on it in the case of an overheating incident.
- Exascend Essential CFexpress Type A Card: Equipped with capacities of up to 240GB, Exascend Essential CFexpress Type A Cards provide photographers and filmmakers with all the space they need to capture beautiful 8K RAW shots and beyond. With a writing speed of 700MB/s and a reading speed of 800MB/s, they are perfect for uninterrupted shoots on the go!
|CFexpress Type A Cards
|Max. Read Speed
|Max. Write Speed
|Lexar Gold Series Professional CFexpress Type A Card
|Delkin Devices BLACK CFexpress Type A Card
|Delkin Devices POWER CFexpress Type A Card
|Sony TOUGH CFexpress Type A Card
|ProGrade Digital Cobalt CFexpress Type A Card
|Exascend Essential CFexpress Type A Card
Best SD Cards for Sony FX30
The two card slots in the Sony FX30 are compatible with the fast and commonly used UHS-II SD cards. If you don’t often shoot in continuous bursts, you should save your money and get one of the faster SD cards. The Kingston Canvas React Plus cards provide almost same performance as Sony SF-G Tough cards at a 40% discount and are also available in a 256GB capacity. The PNY X-PRO 90 UHS-II SD Card (V90) is yet another reasonably priced UHS-II SD card with excellent performance.
You will never go wrong with the Sony SF-G Tough UHS-II SD Card (V90), the fastest and most costly UHS-II SD card available. Aside from that, two of the most popular SD cards on the market are the ProGrade Digital UHS-II SDXC Card (V90) and the Delkin Devices Power UHS-II SDXC Card (V90). These two cards are great options to choose if you’re looking for some fast and reliable UHS-II SD cards without breaking the bank. The Sony SF-M Tough UHS-II SD Card (V60) and the ProGrade Digital UHS-II SD Card (V60) are two more options worth considering if you’re on a limited budget. Just pick the one that appeals to you the most.
All of the suggestions have been made. My sincere wish is that this buyer’s guide will be useful in assisting you in making an informed decision when purchasing the memory cards for Sony FX30 cinema camera.