In addition to the previously announced Leica CL mirrorless camera and Elmarit-TL 18 mm f/2.8 ASPH lens, Leica today officially announced the new Noctilux-M 75mm f/1.25 ASPH lens. The US price is $12,795 and it is now available for pre-order at B&H.
Rivaled in speed only by its legendary 50mm sibling, the Noctilux-M 75mm f/1.25 ASPH. from Leica is a high-speed portrait-length prime characterized by its ability to isolate subject matter, render subjects in a unique way, and perform admirably in low-light conditions.
Leica Noctilux-M 75mm f/1.25 ASPH Lens Key Features (via B&H):
- Leica M-Mount Lens
- Aperture Range: f/1.25 to f/16
- Two Aspherical Elements
- Anomalous Partial/Low Dispersion Glass
- Floating Elements System
- Manual Focus Design
- Minimum Focus Distance: 2.8′
- Filter Thread: 67mm
- 11-Blade Diaphragm
- Built-In Extendable Lens Hood
- Extremely fast f/1.25 maximum aperture affords notable control over depth of field for selective focus shooting, and also benefits working handheld in low-light conditions.
- Short-telephoto 75mm focal length offers a slightly compressed image quality that is well-suited to portraiture and close-up images, especially when used in conjunction with the shallow depth of field afforded by the bright maximum aperture.
- Nine elements in six groups optical design is comprised entirely of anomalous partial dispersion and low chromatic dispersion glasses in order to significantly reduce color fringing and produce imagery with a high degree of clarity.
- An 11-blade diaphragm produces a rounded and pleasing bokeh quality.