On November 21 Leica officially announced the new Leica CL APS-C format mirrorless camera and Elmarit-TL 18 mm f/2.8 ASPH lens. We missed this news because of the busy Black Friday & Cyber Monday. Today we post this new here.
To make the stunning new Leica CL more easily accessible to both new and current Leica fans looking to make their first step into the APS-C system, the Leica CL will be offered in two bundle options alongside an accompanying lens. The “Prime Kit” will include the new Elmarit-TL 18 mm f/2.8 ASPH lens, while the “Vario Kit” option includes the Vario-Elmar-TL 18-56 mm f/3.5-5.6 lens, allowing photographers to get into this new camera and growing system with a lens that best suits their photography style in an easy-to-grab kit.
The new Leica Elmarit-TL 18mm f/2.8 ASPH. is not only one of the most smallest lenses in its class, it also by far exceeds the imaging performance of its competitors. With a length of only 20.5 millimetres, a weight of no more than 80 grams and fast autofocus, this wide-angle is the perfect ‘constant companion’ for the compact Leica CL. Made in Japan, the Leica Elmarit-TL 18 mm f/2.8 ASPH is available in black or silver anodized. This lens can be used with all L-Mount cameras, APS and SL. The Leica TL lenses support two great Leica APS-C System Cameras – Leica CL and Leica TL2. With a wide range of lenses in its portfolio, these lenses offer both APS cameras the best image quality and fast performance.
The Leica CL and Leica Elmarit-TL 18 mm f/2.8 ASPH will both be available from Leica stores, boutiques and dealers at the end of November. The Leica CL body, in black anodized finish, will be $2,795.00 while the Prime and Vario Kits will be $3,795.00 and $3,995.00 respectively. The new Leica Elmarit-TL 18 mm f/2.8 ASPH, in black or silver anodized finish, will be $1,295.00.
The new Leica CL and Elmarit-TL 18 mm f/2.8 ASPH Lens are now available for pre-order at major US stores.
Leica CL Key Features:
- World’s most tactile APS-C System Camera
- Compatible with all Leica TL & SL lenses
- Adaptable to use Leica M and R lenses
- Built-in electronic viewfinder, 2.34 MP resolution and 0.74x magnification
- Locking mechanical diopter adjustment
- Fast Auto Focus performance with a 49-point AF system
- 24MP APS-C sized sensor
- ISO range of 100-50,000
- Maestro II processor
- Fast touch and gesture responsiveness for optional touchscreen controls
- Mechanical shutter speed max. of 1/8,000
- Electronic shutter speed max. of 1/25,000
- Option for full-time electronic shutter, making the shutter completely noiseless
- Quick burst shooting up to 10 fps with either mechanical shutter or electronic shutter
- DNG+JPG shooting for up to 33 shots in continuous burst
- Focus peaking and magnification for manual focus aid
- 4K video recording @ 30fps
- 1080p Full-HD video recording @ 30/60fps
- Compact all-metal body with anodized aluminum top and bottom cover
- Built-in Wi-Fi
- Made in Germany