Ilovehatephoto has the chance to interview Zeiss managers at PhotoPlus Expo 2015 in New York City, and below are some interesting answers from Zeiss:
1. About future FE lenses: “we can expect about 5 new Full-Frame E-mount lenses, including 2 to 3 new ones in 2016.”
2. Anout ZEISS plans for specialty lenses, like Macro or Tilt-shift: “We are well aware of the lack of specialty lenses in the FE-mount system and we are working on developing some for this system. Right now, we do not wish to publish any further details about our future developments.”
3. Anout Batis and Loxia lenses: “The lens families will grow. Additional focal lengths will follow.”
4. About the Batis backorder issue: “We are well aware of the problem and it goes without saying that we are not happy with the situation. We have to admit that we have been surprised by how popular the A7 markII series (A7II, A7rII and now the A7sII) has become over the past few months. The demand for the Batis lenses have been a lot higher than expected. We are working on this to reduce the waiting time as quickly as possible.”
5. About wide angle lens development: “The short flange distance between the sensor and the rear element is an engineering challenge for ultra wide-angle lenses. It is of course manageable and under development.”
6. Abouy Touit family: “ZEISS considers the Sony APS-C sensors and the Fujifilm X-mount as remarkable cameras and that is why ZEISS offers already high quality lenses for these systems. However, the Full Frame E-mount is now being the first and main projects that are being developed due to its lack of of lenses available and because of its popularity.”
Reminder: $170 off! The new Sony A6000 with 16-50mm Lens is on sale at Amazon US for $628 as the very first (and very early) Black Friday deals. And all the different kit version are selling so well that they are all on top of the Mirrorless camera sales ranking.
Sony A6000 with 16-50mm Lens: $628 at Amazon.
And, you can now get the cheapest Sony a7RII deal for $2,699 on eBay US. It is an imported model and comes with 1 year seller warranty. And it is the lowest price you can get worldwide!
New Sony a7RII: 2,699 at Deals All Year via eBay
The Sony a7RII is currently in stock at Amazon for $3,198. So you can save $500.
Read more: Sony Camera Rumors
Note: If you are a Sony Camera User, you can now join the Sony Camera Users Facebook Group to share your Sony photography and advice, ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!
Sony Camera Users: https://www.facebook.com/groups/SonyCameraUsers