Yongnuo Unveils the YN 85mm f/1.8R DF DSN Lens for Canon RF Mount
Yongnuo officially announced the new YN 85mm f/1.8R DF DSM Lens for Canon RF mount mirrrorless cameras – an extremely affordable 85mm lens for Canon RF.
The US price is $398 and it is now available for pre-order at Amazon.
Yongnuo YN 85MM F1.8R DF DSM Lens is for RF-mount mirrorless camera, it’s an ideal travel companion for versatile photographers, featuring a f/1.8 maximum aperture for beautiful bokeh, 2.62 ft. minimum focusing distance, it covers your portrait, macro, low-light and video needs with outstanding image quality.
- Small body, light weight, the maximum diameter and length of the lens is about 67×88mm.
- Equipped with control ring, supports silent operation.
- Equipped with AF/MF focus mode switch，supports full-time manual focus.
- Equipped with quiet DSM stepping motor.
- The lens mount is equipped with a dust-proof and water-proof rubber ring.
- Equipped with low-dispersion lens.
- With 9 optical lenses in 8 groups, nano-multilayer coating process.
- F1.8 large aperture, 7 aperture blades.
- USB firmware upgrade.
- Metal bayonet, gold-plated contacts.
About this item
- YN85MM F1.8R Lens for Canon R Mirrorless Cameras, has F1.8 large aperture, 7 aperture blades, 9 optical lenses in 8 groups, the maximum Magnification is 0.13X, the Minimum Focusing Distance is 2.62 ft, it’s a Mid-telephoto Macro RF Lens with Beautiful Bokeh.
- Control ring for direct setting changes, a customizable control ring lets you easily change settings such as shutter speed, aperture and ISO, rotating the control ring can quickly adjust the corresponding parameters, greatly improving operation convenience creative efficiency.
- Equipped with AF/MF focus mode switch，supports full-time manual focus, has a quiet DSM stepping motor
- With a dust-proof and water-proof rubber ring, which can effectively resist the entry of dust and water droplets, with one low-dispersion glass, USB firmware upgrade, Metal bayonet and gold-plated contacts
- Lens compatible with Canon Full Frame Mirrorless Cameras (EOS RP, EOS R, EOS R5, EOS R6)
Small body, light weight
This product is designed for R-mount mirrorless camera，the maximum diameter and length of the lens is about 67×88mm, and the net weight is only about 380g. The light weight design is good for long-term handhold shooting and video recording.
Equipped with control ring, supports silent operation
Users can assign common functions such as aperture, shutter speed, ISO sensitivity, etc. to the control ring according to their needs. Rotating the control ring can quickly adjust the corresponding parameters, greatly improving operation convenience creative efficiency.
The lens is also designed with a “Click” switch: After Click is turned on, turning the control ring will have a clear sense of gear and a “click” sound; When the Click is turned off, turning the control ring will not make any noise,which is helpful during video recording.
Note: The control ring and manual focus ring are an integrated design, please set the switch to the corresponding position when using.
Equipped with AF/MF focus mode switch，supports full-time manual focus.
Through the AF/MF focus mode switch, you can quickly switch the focus mode. When the auto focus operation is set to [ONE SHOT], you can focus manually after you keep pressing the shutter button halfway to complete the focus (full-time manual focus).
Note: The full-time manual focus function can only be used normally after enabling the corresponding settings on the camera. For detailed operations, please refer to the camera manual.
Equipped with quiet DSM stepping motor
Digitally controlled stepping motor (DSM) has quick start-stop response, high focusing accuracy, and quieter focusing action, which is suitable for photo shooting and video recording.
The lens mount is equipped with a dust-proof and water-proof rubber ring
The lens mount is equipped with a dust-proof and water-proof rubber ring，which can effectively resist the entry of dust and water droplets.
Note: The mount position of this lens has a certain degree of waterproof performance, but it is not completely waterproof. If you are shooting in rainy weather, please try to keep the lens from getting wet.
Equipped with low-dispersion lens
Equipped with one low-dispersion glass, which can effectively suppress the dispersion problem.
With 9 optical lenses in 8 groups, nano-multilayer coating process
The lens adopts an optical structure of 9 lenses in 8 groups, and the lens has a nano-multilayer coating process, which can effectively increase the light transmittance and suppress back-light ghosts and glare.
F1.8 large aperture, 7 aperture blades
Flexible use of F1.8 large aperture, easy to obtain soft blur effect,highlighting the subject.
The lens is designed with 7 aperture blades. It can shoot circular diffuse spots. It can also take pictures with 14 starburst effects if the aperture is appropriately reduced.
USB firmware upgrade
Equipped with a USB Type-C interface, you can download the latest firmware to upgrade the lens to keep the lens at its best performance.
Metal bayonet, gold-plated contacts
The lens adopts high-precision metal bayonet and gold-plated contacts, which can effectively improve signal conductivity and corrosion resistance. At the same time, it can maintain reliable communication between the camera and the lens, and realize functions such as auto focus, aperture control, and EXIF information transmission.
|Lens focal length||85mm|
Viewing angle range
|Suitable mount||RF mount|
|Lens structure||9 elements in 8 groups|
|Aperture blade||7 blades|
|Minimum focusing distance||0.8m|
|Drive system||DSM stepping motor|
|Maximum diameter and length||About φ67×88mm|