Sony announced the new Sony A7s full-frame mirrorless camera with 4K video output at its Las Vegas press event today. The “s” in the new camera’s name means sensitivity, and it supports an ISO range of 50 to 409,600. Sony A7s is really an amazing camera for both video and still photographers! The price will be announced later (the rumored price is $1,699) and release in “Summer”2014. And its main competitior is Panasonic GH4. The only bad news is that it doesn’t record 4K on SD card. You will have to use an external recorder.
You can read the full details at Sony US.
Sony A7s main characteristics:
- ISO 50-409600
- extreme high dynamic range and color fidelity (So Sony says without to share numbers yet)
- 4K recording with no pixel binning
- 4K recording on external records only (internal recording only Full HD)
- 4:2:2 color sampling with external recorder
- The “S” stays for “sensivity
- Price will be announced later and release in “Summer”. Some other sites said price should be $1,699. But take this with a huge grain of salt!
- Full press text follows on bottom of this post
Reviews, Image and video samples:
Sony A7s Video release: