According to the report from Japanese website Newswitch, the new Sharp 8K Video Micro Four Thirds Camera will be priced around ¥300,000 to ¥400,000 yen (approximately $2,800 to $3,700). Shipping is scheduled to start in Summer 2019.
This is what we know so far about the Sharp 8K Video Micro Four Thirds Camera:
- 8k at 30 fps in H.265 codec (Sharp is working on 60 fps)
- Price under $5,000
- No sensor info besides Micro Four Thirds format
- 5″ inch touchscreen
- 1 SD card slot
- On sensor stabilization
- Looks like the Blackmagic Pocket camera
- Not officially announced yet (a prototype was shown at CES)
- The official announcement is expected at the 2019 NAB show
- Price: $2,800 – $3,700
- Shipping in Summer 2019
What do you think of the new Sharp 8K MFT camera?