The new Leica M Monochrom Typ 246 full frame rangefinder camera has been officially announced. Now you can pre-order it online at B&H Photo and Adorama. The price for Leica M Monochrom Typ 246 body only is $7,450.
The new Leica M Monochrom Typ 246 is the first and only digital camera that captures a real black and white image, still or moving. Reduced to the essentials for true, authentic and direct black and white photography, the Leica M Monochrom offers unparalleled image performance, outstanding low light capabilities and rich details. Photographers who consciously employ the unique aesthetics of black-and-white photography to express their creativity can rely on the Leica M Monochrom as a modern tool. As the successor to the world’s first digital black-and-white camera, it offers the latest technologies to support creative visualisation in its archetypal form. For pictures of unequalled quality. For pictures with previously unimaginable sharpness, depth and clarity. A pioneer in every respect.
Leica M Monochrom Typ 246 Overview
- Available on May 7th, 2015
- New 24MP Full-Frame B&W CMOS Sensor
- ISO 320-25000, 3 fps with 2GB Buffer
- Full HD 1080p Video at 24/25 fps
- Leica MP body with 2GB buffer, sapphire glass
- No Color Array or Low Pass Filter
- Leica Maestro Image Processor
- Rangefinder with Image Field Selector
- 0.68x Optical Viewfinder Magnification
- 3.0″ 921.6k-Dot LCD with Sapphire Glass
- Only available in black, no silver version for now
- Body made of high-strength magnesium alloy and solid brass top and base plates finished in black chrome
- Live-view and focus peaking
- Magnesium Alloy Body Construction
- Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Download
- 3 new color filters introduced
- 7,250€ price in EU/ $7,450 in the US
- More details on Leica’s website
- Sample images can be downloaded here.
- The full technical specifications can be downloaded here