In April 2016 Nikon released the new SnapBridge app for Android devices (Download it at Google Play). You can connect your camera and smart device seamlessly through Bluetooth low energy (BLE) technology. High-quality photos taken with Nikon camera can be shared via e-mail or social media just as you would photos taken with your smart device.
And Nikon is working with Apple for the iOS version and this SnapBridge iOS version will be available later this summer. Today according to the report from NikonRumors, the Nikon SnapBridge app for iOS will be released at the end of August and then you can download it at App Store.
- Once the camera is paired with your smart device, new photos can be downloaded automatically.
- Photos can be uploaded automatically to NIKON IMAGE SPACE (see Note 1 below).
- Control the camera remotely and take, view, and download photos.
- View downloaded photos or share them via e-mail or social media.
- Add photo info or text to uploaded photos.
- Download location data to the camera or set the camera clock to the time reported by the smart device.
- Receive notifications of firmware updates for paired cameras.
Read more: Nikon Rumors