We already reported that the new Nikon Zfc “retro-inspired” APS-C format mirrorless camera will be announced on June 28, 2021. Now is seems that Nikon may also announce the NIKKOR Z 28mm f/2.8 and NIKKOR Z 40mm f/2 pancake lenses along with the Nikon Zfc on June 28th.
On June 2 Nikon officially announced the development of the NIKKOR Z 28mm f/2.8 and NIKKOR Z 40mm f/2 lenses. These lenses are scheduled for release within 2021. So I thought it would take a long time, but if it was announced on June 28th, it would be unexpectedly early.
Both the two new pancake lenses are expected to be quite cheap, probably in the $200- $300 range, so they may help popularize the Z-mount system.
Here are what we know so far about this Nikon Zfc “retro-inspired” APS-C format mirrorless camera:
- Model name: Zfc (or ZFC or Z-Fc)
- Nikon Z-mount APS-C mirrorless camera
- The technical specifications will be very close to the Nikon Z50.
- Very thin camera body without a handgrip
- Nikon Df-inspired design with mechanical dials and articulating screen (“selfie screen”)
- Shape and handling similar to old Nikon FM cameras.
- Three different colors are rumored: silver, black, and brown
- US Price with kit lens: $999
- The new APS-C mirrorless lenses for Z-mount could be named “SE”: 28mm f/2.8 and/or 35mm f/1.8 (kit lens).
- The new DX lenses will not be retro, will have the familiar Nikkor Z design.
- Official announcement on June 28
Read more: Amazon Prime Day Camera Deals 2021