The first images of the upcoming Nikon AF-P NIKKOR 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6E ED VR lens already leaked online, which is expected to replace the current AF-S 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G IF-ED VR model. This new Nikon AF-P NIKKOR 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6E ED VR lens will be announced in the next 1-2 days and it wil be priced at 91,800 yen in Japan, around $749 in the US.
Nikon AF-P NIKKOR 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6E ED VR Lens:
- Mass retailer price: 91,800 yen (tax included)
- Expected release date: July 28, 2017
- Image stabilization effect: 4.5 steps
- Weight: Approximately 680 g
- Hood: HB-82
Nikon is gradually introducing the “AF-P” technology in its lenses. Currently, Nikon has four AF-P NIKKOR lenses, which are all designed for APS-C DSLR cameras:
- Nikon AF-P DX NIKKOR 70-300mm f/4.5-6.3G ED VR Lens ($396.95)
- Nikon AF-P DX NIKKOR 70-300mm f/4.5-6.3G ED Lens ($346.95)
- Nikon AF-P DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR Lens ($246.95)
- Nikon AF-P DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G Lens ($196.95)
In addition, Nikon is rumored to announce a new AF-S Nikkor 200-400mm f/4E ED VR lens at the end of 2017, which will be equipped with a built-in 1.4x extender just like the Canon EF 200-400mm f/4L IS version ($10,999), to replace the current Nikon 200-400mm f/4G ED VR II lens ($6,997).
Stay tuned for more info.