Leica officially announced the new Leica X-U Typ 113 rugged camera, the first model designed specifically for outdoor and underwater photography. The X-U (Typ 113) distinguishes itself from other Leica compatriots by its anti-slip rubber exterior and waterproof, shockproof, and dustproof design for working in harsh and underwater environments.
Leica X-U Typ 113 camera features a prime Summilux 23mm f/1.7 ASPH. lens that offers an equivalent focal length of 35mm, along with a bright f/1.7 maximum aperture for working in difficult lighting conditions. This sophisticated lens pairs with a large 16.2MP APS-C CMOS sensor, which affords a broad sensitivity range to ISO 12500, along with up to 5 fps continuous shooting and Full HD 1080p video recording.
The X-U (Typ 113) features a tough, rugged construction that is designed to withstand harsh climates and underwater shooting:
- Waterproof to depths of 49′ / 15m for up to 60 minutes of shooting (IP68-compliant)
- Shockproof to falls from 4′ / 1.2m high (MIL-STD 810G, method 516.52-compliant)
- Dustproof to protect the internal components of the camera
- Anti-slip rubber exterior for improved grip in wet conditions
- Integrated UW protective glass filter guards the front element
Leica X-U (Typ 113) Camera Highlights:
- 16.2MP APS-C CMOS Sensor
- Summilux 23mm f/1.7 ASPH. Lens
- 35mm (35mm Equivalent)
- Water, Dust, and Shockproof Construction
- 3.0″ 920k-Dot LCD Monitor
- Full HD 1080p Video Recording at 30 fps
- Anti-Slip Rubber Exterior
- Built-In Flash, Manual Focus Ring
- Dedicated Underwater Shooting Mode
Read more at Leica Camera official site.
Note: If you are a Leica Camera User, you can now join the Leica Camera Users Facebook Group to share your Leica photography and advice, ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!
Leica Camera Users: https://www.facebook.com/groups/LeicaCameraUsers