Fujifilm XF 16-55mm F2.8 R LM WR Lens has been announced at Consumer Electronics Show – CES 2015. The new XF 16-55mm F2.8 R LM WR Lens is priced at $1,199.99 and it will be released in February, 2015.
The new Fujifilm XF 16-55mm F2.8 R LM WR is a weather-resistant standard zoom lens with a 24-84mm equivalent that offers users the classic zoom range with a constant F2.8 in the market today. The XF 16-55mmF2.8 R LM WR uses 14 sealing points for a durable, weather-resistant and dust-proof design that make it the perfect companion for photojournalists who do not want to compromising when weather conditions are the most challenging. Whether shooting wide angle landscapes or medium-telephoto portraits, the XF 16-55mmF2.8 R LM WR delivers ideal image results from edge to edge.
The Fujifilm XF 16-55mm F2.8 R LM WR lens also features an internal focusing system and ‘twin linear motor‘ which Fujifilm says will allow for fast and silent AF.
The XF 16-55mmF2.8 R LM WR uses a light weight Internal Focusing System and a Twin Linear Motor for high-speed autofocus (AF) and whisper quiet AF as fast as 0.06 seconds. When combined with the near-silent shutter sound of the FUJIFILM X-T1, photos can be taken unnoticed in quiet and sensitive locations.
|Support Camera Times, Buy from one of our affiliate retailers, Thanks !|
|Fujifilm XF 16-55mm F2.8 R LM WR Lens||$1,199||Amazon | B&H | Adorama|
Fujifilm XF 16-55mm F2.8 R LM WR Lens key features:
- FUJIFILM X-Mount is compatible with all FUJIFILM interchangeable system cameras
- Weather-resistant design with 14 sealing points
- 0.06 seconds autofocus speed and nearly silent operation
- Uses 17 elements in 12 groups, including 3 aspherical lens elements to control spherical aberration and distortion, and 3 ED glass lens elements to reduce lateral and axial chromatic aberration
- Nano-GI coating alters the refractive index between glass and air to reduce ghosting and flare
- 9 blade aperture creates smooth and circular bokeh
- 1/3 EV steps
- Minimum working distance of less than 12 inches
Perfect match for the FUJIFILM X-T1
The award-winning FUJIFILM X-T1 is a weather-resistant premium interchangeable lens camera with a large OLED electronic viewfinder (EVF) that delivers a near-instant image preview. It has the latest generation 16.3 Megapixel APS-C X-Trans CMOS II sensor, and the segment’s fastest autofocus of 0.10 seconds that allows photographers to capture amazing, high resolution images anywhere.