On August 10th, DJI released the new firmware version 01.00.0340 for DJI Mavic Air 2 drone (Amazon, B&H, Adorama), providing enhanced Advanced Pilot Assistance System (APAS) safety features and camera settings. Make sure the DJI Fly App is also updated to version 1.1.6 to access all the new settings. The update is available right now in the DJI Fly app.
The new features of DJI Mavic Air 2 Firmware Version 01.00.0340 are:
- Added Safety Flight Mode. The aircraft avoids obstacles automatically and will not respond to commands to fly left or right.
- 4K Zoom Mode, which supports 2x digital zoom when set to 4K 30/25/24 fps.
- 2x digital zoom when set to 2.7K 60/50/48/30/25/24 and 4x digital zoom when set to 1080P 60/50/48/30/25/24 in video mode.
- 4K resolution in Hyperlapse.
- Optimised FPV mode for gimbal.
- Optimised shooting performance when flying forward in Sport mode. Adjust the flight attitude to avoid propellers unexpectedly showing up in the camera view.
- Optimised Hyperlapse. Added ability to pause shooting during Hyperlapse, increased number of waypoints to 45, and added support for Task Library.
- Optimised ActiveTrack when tracking vehicles at low altitude.
Read more: Best MicroSD Cards for DJI Mavic Air 2.