Canon EF-S 24mm f/2.8 STM Pancake Lens has been officially announced at Photokina 2014. See Canon EF-S 24mm f/2.8 STM Pancake Lens Sample Images.
The new EF-S 24mm f/2.8 is Canon’s slimmest and lightest EF-S lens and the second EF/EF-S pancake lens (having the similar spec of its longer focal length brother – the Canon 40mm f/2.8 STM) up to now.
The EF-S 24mm f/2.8 STM Lens is priced at $149.00 and it will be released on November 24, 2014.
Canon EF-S 24mm f/2.8 STM Pancake Lens Announced at Photokina 2014
Canon EF-S 24mm f/2.8 STM Pancake Lens Features
- Wide-angle lens for Canon APS-C cameras (equivalent to 38mm on a full-frame camera) offers an ultra-slim and lightweight design.
- Slimmest and lightest lens of the EF-S series (approx. lens width is 0.9 in, or slightly wider than a U.S. nickel).
- A stepping motor (STM) supports the Canon EOS Movie Servo AF function to provide smooth and quiet continuous AF during video recording, as well as when shooting photos.
- Delivers outstanding image quality and excellent low-light performance.
- Aspheric lens element helps you achieve a high level of image quality from the center to the periphery.
- Optimized lens arrangement and coating helps minimize ghosting and flare.
- Circular aperture (7 blades) delivers beautiful, soft backgrounds.
- Aperture mechanism uses micro-stepping drive control for quieter drive.
- Full-time manual focus allows manual focus adjustment while in One Shot AF Mode.
- Minimum focusing distance of 0.5 ft./0.16 m; maximum magnification of x0.27.
Canon EF-S 24mm f/2.8 STM Lens Specifications
- Focal Length & Maximum Aperture 24mm 1:2.8
- Lens Construction 6 elements in 5 groups
- Diagonal Angle of View 59Åã10′
- Focus Adjustment Full lens extension
- Closest Focusing Distance 0.52 ft. / 0.16 m
- Filter Size 52mm
- Max. Diameter x Length, Weight
- Approx. 2.7 x 0.9 in. / 68.2 x 22.8 mm
- Approx. 4.4 oz. / 125 g