Canon EF 24-105mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Lens has been officially announced at Photokina 2014. See Canon EF 24-105mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Lens Sample Images.
The EF 24-105mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM provides full-frame Canon users with a cheaper alternative to the 24-105mm f/4L. Compared to EF 24–105mm f/4.0L IS USM, the new EF 24-105mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM has the same zoom range, but a non constant aperture range, slightly less wiegth and almost the half price.
The new EF 24–105mm f/3.5–5.6 IS STM Lens is priced at $599 and it will be released in November.
Canon EF 24-105mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Lens Announced at Photokina 2014
Canon EF 24–105mm f/3.5–5.6 IS STM Lens Specifications
- Focal Length & Maximum Aperture 24–105mm 1:3.5-5.6
- Lens Construction 17 elements in 13 groups
- Diagonal Angle of View 84°– 23˚ 20′
- Focus Adjustment Inner focusing system
- Closest Focusing Distance 1.31 ft. / 0.4 m
- Filter Size 77mm
- Max. Diameter x Length, Weight
- Approx. 3.3 x 4.1 in. / 83.4 x 104 mm
- Approx. 18.52 oz. / 525 g
The new Canon EF 24-105mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Standard Zoom lens
Canon EF 24–105mm f/3.5–5.6 IS STM Lens Features
- The first standard zoom EF lens for full frame sensor cameras to include a lead screw-type stepping motor (STM).
- The focusing mechanism employs an inner focus lens, a stepping motor and lead screw to support the Canon EOS Movie Servo AF function and provide smooth and quiet continuous AF during video recording, as well as when shooting photos.
- Optical Image Stabilizer provides up to four shutter speed stops of correction*.
- New 7-group zoom optics allows for a conveniently compact design and outstanding optical performance.
- Two aspheric lenses plus a UD lens combine to provide high-quality results for both still images and movies.
- Circular aperture (7 blades) delivers beautiful, soft backgrounds.
- Optimized lens placement and coatings deliver exceptional color balance, while minimizing ghosting and flare.
- Inner focusing system, high-speed CPU and improved AF algorithm allow high-speed autofocus.
- Full-time manual focus allows manual focus adjustment while in AF Mode.