Sony is rumored to announce 4-5 new E-mount cameras in the next 6 months:
- Sony High End APS-C E-mount camera (Sony a6700): Announcement on July 12
- Sony a7C II: Announcement in September/November
- New High Resolution Sony camera: Announcement in September/November
- Sony a9 III: Announcement in November/January
And there may even be a new FX full-frame cine camera.
The highly anticipated Sony a6700 High End APS-C E-mount camera and FE 70-200mm F4 G II Macro Lens are expected to be announced on July 12.
Sony a6700 Rumored Specs:
- Product name: Sony a6700
- Same 26-megapixel sensor as “FX3“
- In-body image stabilization (IBIS) 7 steps effect
- Equipped with the same “AI processor” as the “ZV-E1“
- 4K120p 1.19 crop
- Adopting a newly designed body, the EVF is placed on the left side, and the wheel scroll is placed on the front under the shutter button.
- The grip has been redesigned for a more ergonomic grip.
- The body size is about 3mm thicker and 4mm higher
- Announcement on July 12
Sony a7C II
Sony plans to announce three full-size mirrorless models, and the first full-size camera to appear is “Sony a7C II”, which will appear from September to November, and it seems that the exact announcement date is not known at this time.
The Sony a7C II is undoubtedly a very nice camera, and it is rumored that it will be a model with a “a7 IV” package or better.
New Sony High Resolution Camera
The second full-frame camera is not the successor to the current lineup, but a new variation of the camera, and is planned to be a “high pixel camera”. It is said that the “high pixel model” will be announced from September to November, and it is not known whether it will be announced at the same time as the “a7C II”. At least the second full-frame machine is said to be a “high pixel machine”.
There is a possibility that the “Sony a9 III” will be announced between November 2023 and January 2024, and it seems that professional equipment will also appear around this time.
The Sony a9 III will be the fastest Sony camera as previously reported, and will be faster than any other mirrorless camera to date, with a new stacked sensor. The pixel count of the sensor has not yet been confirmed and is pending confirmation from a reliable source. Like the previous information (rumor), it seems that the pixels will not be increased so much, and it seems that they are looking at around 24 million pixels to 36 million pixels.
It seems that some spec information (rumours) has already been obtained, but we are waiting for confirmation from reliable sources and will pay attention to additional information (rumors) in the future.
Note: Join the Sony Camera Users Facebook Group to share your Sony photography and advice, ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!
- Best Lenses for Sony a9 II
- Best Memory Cards for Sony a9 II
- Best Lenses for Sony a1
- Best Memory Cards for Sony a1
- Best Gimbals for Sony a1
- Best Lenses for Sony a6600
- Best Memory Cards for Sony a6600
- Best Lenses for Sony a7C
- Best Memory Cards for Sony a7C
- Best Memory Cards for Sony ZV-E10
- Best Memory Cards for Sony ZV-E1
- Best Memory Cards for Sony ZV-1F
- Best Memory Cards for Sony a7R V