In addition to the already released Canon EOS R, Canon EOS RP and Canon EOS Ra mirrorless cameras, Canon is also planning to announce two new Canon EOS R bodies in the first half of 2020. And Canon will be “stepping it up a gear” when it comes to the specifications for the next two Canon EOS R bodies.
But at the time of writing, we know very little about these two new Canon EOS R bodies: model names, specifications or pricing info… The previous rumor said the Canon EOS R Mark II and Canon EOS RS will be officially announced in 2020. Below are what we know so far about the upcoming Canon EOS R Mark II and Canon EOS RS mirrorless cameras.
Canon EOS R Mark II Rumored Specs:
- DIGIC X (A different version than the EOS-1D Mark III)
- ISO 100 – 51,200
- 1 SD card slot
- 1 CFexpress slot
- No crop 4K video with DPAF
- No RAW video
- 5mp EVF
- May get a new naming scheme
Canon EOS RS Rumored Specs:
- 75mp full-frame CMOS
- Sensor “focused on the dynamic range”
- Frames per second “… Sounded similar to the EOS R”
- DIGIC 9
- Dual Card Slots
- Joystick the same as the EOS-1D X Mark III
- Larger and higher resolution EVF than the EOS R
- Fully articulating LCD screen
- Fully weather-sealed
- Similar ergonomics as the EOS R (No touch bar)
Stay tuned for the Canon EOS R rumor.
Read more: Best Lenses for Canon EOS R.