Some more information about Nikon full frame mirrorless camera surfaced online. Accordingly, the first Nikon full-frame mirrorless camera will be introduced to the market to compete with the entry-level Sony a7 III, especially considering the D610 and D750 replacements in the full-frame DSLR series. So, that means the Nikon full frame mirrorless camera will come with a 24MP sensor and it will be priced around $2000. In addition, Nikon will introduce at least one new power zoom mirrorless lens for video recording.
Nikon full frame mirrorless camera is rumored to be announced shortly before Photokina 2018, and it will definitely be on display at Photokina 2018 in September. Shipping is expected to start in October, just one month after Photokina.
Here are what we know so far about the Nikon full frame mirrorless camera (via NCR):
- 24MP sensor for around $2000 to compete with Sony a7 III.
- To have features/functions never introduced before
- Official announcement is rumored for shortly before Photokina 2018 in September, and it will definitely be on display at Photokina 2018.
- Shipping will start in October.
- Nikon will announce two mirrorless cameras: one Nikon DX mirrorless and one Nikon full frame mirrorless.
- Two different sensor resolutions: 21MP (probably from Nikon D500 sensor) and 45MP (probably from Nikon D850 sensor).
- New “Nikon Z-mount” – mirrorless mount: External diameter: 49mm, Flange focal distance: 16mm
- Several new Nikon mirrorless lenses will be announced together with Nikon full frame mirrorless camera.
- Nikon is putting a lot of R&D in the viewfinder.
- Very sophisticated new F-mount adapter.
- To have two electric AF motors.
Join the Nikon Camera Users Facebook Group to share your Nikon photography and advice, ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!