Tamron officially announced the development of the Tamron 35-150mm f/2-2.8 Di III VXD Lens for Nikon Z-mount. The US price hasn’t announced yet, but the E-mount version had a price tag of $1899.
Tamron announces the development of 35-150mm F/2-2.8 Di III VXD (Model A058) for “Nikon Z mount system.” World’s first* mirrorless zoom lens with maximum wide-open aperture of F2
July 25, 2023, Saitama, Japan – Tamron Co., Ltd. (President & CEO: Shiro Ajisaka), a leading manufacturer of optics for diverse applications, announces the development of the 35-150mm F/2-2.8 Di III VXD (Model A058), a fast-aperture telephoto zoom lens for Nikon Z mount cameras.
|PRODUCT NAME||35-150mm F/2-2.8 Di III VXD (Model A058）For Nikon Z mount (35mm full-frame)|
|DATE OF LAUNCH||Launch Planned in the Fall, 20231|
* Among the zoom lenses for Nikon Z mount cameras (As of June 2023: TAMRON)
1 The lens for Sony E-mount previously launched October 28, 2021.
The 35-150mm F2-2.8 covers wide-angle through telephoto and is ideal for both travel and portrait photography. It is the first* zoom lens for Nikon Z mount cameras to have a maximum wide-open aperture of F2. With this focal range, you can enjoy shooting magnificent views and large buildings at 35mm and dynamic close-up shots at 150mm. With high-level performance under a wide variety of shooting conditions, this fast lens is ideal for trips aimed at creating photographic works. In addition, by incorporating the VXD (Voice-coil eXtreme-torque Drive) linear motor focus mechanism, the lens features a very high-speed and high-precision autofocus for a fast-aperture lens. It also incorporates a new design in the pursuit of enhanced operability and ergonomic convenience.
Incorporating the most frequently used focal lengths from wide-angle and standard to medium telephoto and telephoto all within this single lens enables seamless shooting without the need to swap lenses, which is beneficial especially when shooting portraits where a sense of rhythm is particularly important. This helps the user capture outstanding shots without missing the fleeting expressions of the model.
1. The world’s first F2-2.8 fast-aperture zoom lens
2. Versatile zoom range provides seamless shooting from wide-angle 35mm to telephoto 150mm
3. Outstanding optical performance throughout the zoom range
4. Fast, quiet VXD linear motor mechanism for high-speed and high-precision autofocus
5. Expanded versatility with excellent close-range shooting performance
6. TAMRON Lens UtilityTM expands the possibilities of still photography and video shooting
7. Moisture-Resistant Construction, Fluorine Coating, and Hood Locking Mechanism for greater convenience
Specifications, appearance, functionality, etc. are subject to change without prior notice.
This product is developed, manufactured and sold under the license agreement with Nikon Corporation.