Leica officially announced a new special edition Leica M-P (Typ 240) “grip” by Rolf Sachs. This unusual set includes a Leica M-P camera and the fast classic lens Leica Summilux-M 35 mm f/1.4 ASPH. lens. The US price of this Leica M-P (Typ 240) “grip” is $14,950 and it is now available for pre-order online. This special edition will strictly be limited to only 79 sets for the worldwide market and will be available exclusively at select Leica Stores from November 2016.
“Leica Camera is proud to announce the Leica M-P (Typ 240) ‘grip’ by Rolf Sachs Set which consists of a Leica M-P (Typ 240) with a rubber cladding with raised dot structures and a Leica Summilux-M 35mm f/1.4 ASPH with special engravings. Only 79 sets will be made, available exclusively from Leica Stores and Boutiques worldwide from October 31, 2016. In addition to the specially designed Leica M-P (Typ 240) and the Leica Summilux-M 35mm, the set also consists of a Leica SF 40 Flash, Cotton Carrying Strap, Cleaning Cloth and Cleaning Brushes.”
KEY BENEFITS & FEATURES – Leica M-P (Typ 240) ‘grip’ by Rolf Sachs Set:
- Very exclusive, only 79 sets available worldwide
- Exclusive look – all buttons and function wheels with black finish and red engravings on the top of the camera
- Unique red rubber cladding with raised dot structure based on a table tennis paddle
- Special engravings, ‘Rolf Sachs’ on rear of body and special edition number on accessory shoe
- Set is presented in a black outdoor hard case which has additional storage space for more accessories. Case will protect set when used for shipping
- Technical features identical to the standard production Leica M-P (Typ 240)
- All accessories for Leica M-P (Typ 240) are compatible except multifunctional handgrip and standard handgrip
You can see the full press release at Leica.
Note: You can now join the Leica Camera Users Facebook Group to share your Leica photography and advice, ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!