- Image quality is similar to that of the latest pro DSLR bodies & lenses: the Canon 5DS-R with the Canon 24-70 f/2.8 L II and the Nikon D810 with the Nikon 24-70 f/2.8.
- Auto-focusing, even in low light, is comparable to the DSLRs.
- The electronic viewfinder previews your exposure, so you never again have to chimp. You can see a histogram while you shoot and see overexposed parts of the picture highlighted.
- 4k video, either full-frame or with a 1.5X crop.
- The a7R II’s sensor stabilization means you can handhold this lens with longer shutter speeds. Canon doesn’t offer a stabilized 24-70 f/2.8, and Nikon’s 24-70 f/2.8 VR is known to be a bit less sharp.
- The tilt screen is critical for shooting low to the ground or over crowds.
Finally, a zoom worthy of the amazing a7R II. The combination of the a7R II and the Sony 24-70 f/2.8 GM match the Canon and Nikon equivalents for image quality, and you get the benefits of 4k video, sensor stabilization, a tilt screen, and an electronic viewfinder. If the 70-200 f/2.8 is as good as this lens, pros will be selling their DSLRs.
Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS Lens: at B&H