The long-awaited Sony a7S III mirrorless camera is rumored to be announced around July 29, 2020, depending on the time zone where you live. Shipping is expected to start in mid August 2020.
Here is what we know so far about the upcoming Sony a7S III:
- New 12MP stacked sensor with fast readout
- Can record FHD 240fps, 4k120fps 10bit 4:2:2 and 4K120fps raw over HDMI
- No 8K video for Sony a7S III
- Design similar to Sony a7R IV
- fully articulating screen like the one used by the Sony ZV-1.
- World’s highest resolution new 9.44 million dot EVF (QXGA resolution)
- New kind of passive (noise free) cooling system, like Panasonic S1H
- No overheating, no recording time limits
- Support UHS-II SD card
- Official announcement around July 29, 2020
- Shipping will start in mid August
So, what do you think about this specification list of Sony a7S III? Do you think this Sony a7S III have enough power to compete against the new Canon EOS R5? Please leave you comment below.
Stay tuned with us for more Sony Camera Rumors.
Note: Join the Sony Camera Users Facebook Group to share your Sony photography and advice, ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!