Sony a7RIII, FE 24-105mm f/4 G and FE 400mm f/2.8 GM Lenses Announced
Sony today officially announced the new Sony a7RIII mirrorless camera, FE 24-105mm f/4 G OSS lens and the development of FE 400mm f/2.8 GM lens.
Pre-orders start on October 26 at 10am NYC time:
Sony a7R III: $3,198 at B&H.
Sony FE 24-105mm f/4 G OSS Lens: $1,298 at B&H.
$500 off on Sony a7RII: $2,398 at Amazon, B&H, Adorama.
The new Sony a7R III full frame interchangeable lens camera delivers the ultimate combination of resolution and speed. the new α7R III combines a high-resolution 42.4 MP1 back-illuminated Exmor R CMOS image sensor with impressive shooting speeds at up to 10 fps2 with full AF/AE tracking, as well as beautiful image and 4K6 video quality, wide 15-stop9 dynamic range, high sensitivity with noise reduction of almost a full stop4 and more.
Sony a7R III HIGHLIGHTS
- $3,198 at B&H.
- 42MP Full-Frame Exmor R BSI CMOS Sensor
- BIONZ X Image Processor & Front-End LSI
- 399-Point AF System & 10 fps Shooting
- UHD 4K30p Video with HLG & S-Log3 Gammas
- 3.69m-Dot Tru-Finder OLED EVF
- 3.0″ 1.44m-Dot Tilting Touchscreen LCD
- 5-Axis SteadyShot INSIDE Stabilization
- ISO 102400 & Pixel Shift Multi Shooting
- Built-In Wi-Fi/Bluetooth, Dual SD Slots
- USB 3.0 Type-C Port & PC Sync Terminal
- Press Release
Sony’s new FE 24-105mm F4 G OSS lens delivers excellent corner-to-corner sharpness throughout the entirety of its zoom range, while also producing beautifully rendered ‘bokeh’ or background defocus at all focal lengths. The FE 24-105mm F4 G OSS can be used for versatile shooting such as landscape, portrait, wedding and so on. This lens also features fast, precise and quiet autofocus capabilities in both still and video shooting, making it an ideal complement for Sony’s extensive lineup of E-mount cameras.
Sony FE 24-105mm f/4 G OSS Lens HIGHLIGHTS
- $1,298 at B&H
- E-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/4 to f/22
- 4 Aspherical Elements, 3 ED Elements
- Nano AR and Fluorine Coatings
- Direct Drive Super Sonic Wave AF Motor
- Optical SteadyShot Image Stabilization
- Internal Focus Design
- Focus Hold Button; AF/MF Switch
- Dust and Moisture-Resistant Construction
- Rounded Nine-Blade Diaphragm
- Press Release
Sony also announced the new development of FE 400mm f/2.8 GM lens. Offering a far-reaching 400mm focal length and F2.8 large aperture, the Sony FE 400mm f/2.8 GM lens will deliver a new elevated shooting experience for all professional sports, news and wildlife photographers looking to capture all of the decisive moments with higher image quality. And it will be officially announced in Summer 2018.
Like Sony a7RIII on Facebook and stay tuned for more info.
Note: Join the Sony Camera Users Facebook Group to share your Sony photography and advice, ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!