LensTip published their Sigma 85mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art lens (Canon) review saying that this new Sigma 85mm f/1.4 Art lens is really outstanding (tested on Canon EOS 5D Mark III) and it is a lens fully deserved Lenstip Editor’s Choice award.
From their conclusion:
“I imagine Zeiss must gnash their collective teeth quite strongly. They invented the Otus series which was supposed to prove that, for a quite astronomical price, you can produce an optically outstanding lens practically without any flaws. Meanwhile Sigma presented their 85 mm device which is not only able to win a duel with the Otus 1.4/85 in the most important categories but also breaks the resolution record of the Otus 1.4/28 on the sensor of the Canon EOS 5D Mark III. Mind you it is over three times cheaper. Nothing to add I suppose – a fully deserved Lenstip Editor’s Choice award.”
- solid and stylish casing,
- brilliant image quality in the frame centre,
- sensational image quality on the edge of APS-C,
- very good image quality on the edge of full frame,
- lack of noticeable problems with spherical aberration,
- moderate longitudinal chromatic aberration,
- imperceptible lateral chromatic aberration,
- practically zero distortion level,
- slight coma,
- negligible astigmatism,
- low vignetting on APS-C/DX,
- silent and accurate autofocus.
- too high vignetting on full frame.
You can read the full review at LensTip.com