Sigma just announced a new fast-aperture Art lens: Sigma 50-100mm f/1.8 DC HSM Art Lens.
Available for Canon EF, Nikon F, and Sigma SA mounts, the Sigma 50-100mm f/1.8 DC HSM Art will provide a 35mm equivalent zoom range of 75-150mm which is perfect for portrait and wedding photography. The bright constant maximum aperture offers consistent low-light performance throughout the zoom range and also affords greater control over focus placement for shallow depth of field and selective focus applications.
The Sigma 50-100mm f/1.8 DC HSM Art Lens is priced at $1,099 and it is expected to be released in later April 2016.
Sigma 50-100mm f/1.8 DC HSM Art Lens for Canon EF: $1,099 at B&H.
Sigma 50-100mm f/1.8 DC HSM Art Lens for Nikon F: $1,099 at B&H.
Sigma 50-100mm f/1.8 DC HSM Art Lens for Sigma SA: $1,099 at B&H.
Sigma Lens Case for 50-100mm f/1.8 DC HSM Art Lens: $24.95 at B&H.
Sigma Lens Hood for 50-100mm f/1.8 DC HSM Art Lens: $34.95 at B&H.
Sigma 50-100mm F1.8 DC HSM Art
Building on the groundbreaking Sigma Global Vision 18-35mm F1.8 DC HSM Art Lens, the new Sigma 50-100 F1.8 (75-150mm on 35mm format) mid-range zoom lens embodies the same engineering prowess to deliver outstanding prime lens-like results. Factoring in the APS-C image circle of 1.5x, the 50-100mm F1.8 covers three popular short tele prime focal lengths: 85mm, 105mm and 135mm. Like the 18-35mm F1.8, the new 50-100mm F1.8 maintains a constant F1.8 aperture yielding exceptional brightness and resolution throughout the zoom, while simultaneously maintaining focus as the lens is zoomed, a feature videographers will greatly appreciate.
Sigma Art Line Image Technology Innovation
- Features three FLD (F Low Dispersion) glass elements, one SLD (Special Low Dispersion) glass element, and one high-refractive index, high-dispersion glass element to minimize aberrations.
- Redesigned and enhanced, the new Hyper Sonic Motor is 30% slimmer and provides fast and accurate AF.
- Highly durable polycarbonate diaphragm made with fluorine; blades feature carbon feather film offering exceptionally smooth operation even during continuous shooting.
Outstanding Zoom Lens Maneuverability
- Inner focusing and zoom design offer versatile shooting options
- Tripod socket for stable, comfortable operation
- Features 21 elements / 15 groups, Minimum Aperture: F16, 82mm filter thread, Minimum Focus Distance: 37.4in, Dimensions: 3.7×6.7, Weight: 52.6oz
Note: If you are a Sigma User (Camera or Lens User), you can now join the Sigma Users Facebook Group to share your Sigma photography and advice, ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!
Sigma Users: https://www.facebook.com/groups/SigmaUsers