- Image Stabilization, Real-Time Stitching
- 2.25″ Touchscreen for Preview & Control
- 360° 5760×2880 5.7K30 Video
- Swappable Batteries & MicroSDXC Cards
- Dual 1/2.0 Type 48MP CMOS Sensors
- Up to 60MP JPEG Photos
- Bluetooth & MIMO, 46GB Internal Memory
- 360° Live Streaming in 4K30
- Client Mode, 3rd Party App Development
- Built-In GPS, Magnesium Alloy Body
If you are just getting into the world of 360 video or are a 360 professional, the Ricoh THETA X will be an ideal choice!
Based around dual 48MP CMOS sensors and twin f/2.4 lenses, the THETA X records up to 5.7K30 video and 60MP still photos and offers live streaming in 4K30 AVCH/H.264. A user-friendly 2.25″ touchscreen display enables you to both preview and view your images, start/stop recording, take photos, and control the camera settings, all without needing to link to a smartphone. This compact camera is also the first of Ricoh’s 360° line to offer swappable batteries and microSDXC card recording in addition to the 46GB of internal memory.
Ricoh Theta X camera features:
- Large, user-friendly 2.25-inch touch screen display for significantly improved operability.
A range of operations can be done without connecting to a smartphone including the ability to preview the scene before capture, adjust shooting settings, and view captured images.
- High-resolution 360-degree still image and video capture.
The CMOS image sensor, main processor, and lens design have all been renewed. Incorporating a new sensor with approximately 48MP, it is now possible to capture high-resolution 360-degree still images with a maximum output of approximately 60MP. Two image sizes are available to match the scene: 11K for a high-resolution bright-light indoor photography, and 5.5K to capture images easily and efficiently in other scenarios. In addition, enhanced image stabilization realizes vivid and smooth shooting for 360-degree videos to be captured at a 5.7K-equivalent resolution of 5760 × 2880 pixels at 30 frames per second (fps).
- Ability to switch battery and memory cards.
The RICOH THETA X is powered by an interchangeable battery and the memory storage capacity can be increased with the use of an external memory card (microSDXC). Even when shooting long hours or capturing many images, users can continue shooting without worrying about battery life or storage capacity. The Rechargeable Battery DB-110 is sold separately as a spare battery.
- Increased compatibility with smartphone.
Wirelessly connect to a smartphone without entering an SSID when establishing a Bluetooth connection. And transfer still images and videos to a smartphone approximately 1.5 times faster than conventional cameras with incorporated MIMO (Multiple Input Multiple Output technology that communicates using multiple antennas) and real-time processing such as top/bottom correction while shooting videos.
- Improved expandability of the camera body.
As with the RICOH THETA V and RICOH THETA Z1, the RICOH THETA X utilizes an Android-based OS, allowing third-party developers to create and release applications (plug-ins) to expand the function of the camera. Additionally, the RICOH THETA X is equipped with a large touch panel monitor, significantly extending the scope for plug-in development. It is also now also possible to easily set up “client mode” (a mode used to directly connect the RICOH THETA to a wireless router) without using a smartphone. This allows plug-ins to be installed and firmware to be updated simply by operating the RICOH THETA X itself without using a computer or smartphone, making it easy to expand functions to suit the user’s needs.
- Linking with image sharing services.
The RICOH THETA X links with RIOCH’s image sharing services improve user’s workflows. It is also compatible with RICOH360 Tours, a panorama tour production service provided by RICOH for the real estate industry, to provide a dedicated RICOH THETA X plug-in that streamlines on-site photography.
- Additional Features:
- With built-in GPS and support for A-GPS function, accurate positional information can be obtained from the device.
- The camera employs magnesium alloy for the body exterior, ensuring robustness and excellent heat dissipating properties.
- Through the USB Type-C port on the side of the main body, power can be supplied to the camera even during tripod use without using the optional extension adapter.
- Time Shift Shooting mode allows the photographer to capture an image without being in the frame, and continuous shooting mode continuously captures 20 still images per second (when shooting 5.5K still images).
- Incorporates a touch shutter function that allows a photo to be taken by tapping on the touch screen in addition to pressing a shutter button.
- Images can be registered as favorites from the list of images shown on the touch panel display. The images marked as favorites can be viewed on the THETA app on a smartphone.
- Still image playback orientation can be selected in shooting settings. The RICOH THETA X features AI Auto, which utilizes AI recognition technology to identify the subject in images captured and display from that point.
- Exposure compensation and white balance can be adjusted with the camera itself before livestreaming.
- Easily switch between various shooting modes (still image, video, custom settings, livestreaming, plug-in) using only the mode button on the camera.
- New Optional Accessories:
- TL-3 Lens Cap. A dedicated compact cap to protect RICOH THETA X lenses. Thanks to a meticulous design with inner material and construction, the cap can be inserted or removed without touching the lenses. The lens cap can also be attached to the bottom of the camera in addition to the upper lens area. Offers stable shooting when the cap is attached to the bottom of the camera and placed on a flat table, in combination with the touch shutter function.