The new Tokina AT-X 24-70mm f/2.8 PRO FX Lens now is available for pre-order online for $999 at B&H and Adorama. Available for Canon EF mount and Nikon F mount, the new Tokina AT-X 24-70mm f/2.8 PRO FX Lens offers a bright maximum aperture of f/2.8 that will be constant throughout the zoom range, and it will be released at the end of August 2015.
You can also buy it right now at Amazon for $1,082.89 (In Stock for Nikon Only).
One of the most versatile focal lengths available, Tokina’s AT-X 24-70mm f/2.8 PRO FX Lens is a standard wide-angle to portrait-length zoom featuring a bright, constant f/2.8 maximum aperture. This everyday lens is ideally suited for nearly any genre of photography, including travel, portraiture, landscape, and event shooting. Three aspherical elements pair with three super-low dispersion elements to produce bright, evenly-illuminated imagery with controlled aberrations and distortions, while multi-layer lens coatings help to reduce flare and ghosting for improved contrast and color accuracy.
Tokina AT-X 24-70mm f/2.8 PRO FX Lens Key Specs:
- Focal length: 24-70mm
- Open F value: f/2.8
- Aperture Range: f/2.8 to f/22
- Three Glass Molded Aspherical Elements
- Three SD Super-Low Dispersion Elements
- Multi-Layer Lens Coatings
- Silent-Drive Module AF System
- Internal Focus; One-Touch Focus Clutch
- Lens construction: 15 elements in 11 groups
- Angle of view: 84.20° ~ 34.49°
- Minimum focusing distance: 0.38m
- Macro maximum magnification: 1: 4.73
- Maximum diameter × total length: φ89.6 × 107.5mm
- Weight: approximately 1,000g