At CES 2016, Olympus officially announced the new ED 300mm f/4 IS PRO lens and Olympus Stylus Tough TG-870 camera. The new Olympus 300mm f/4 PRO Lens is priced at $2,499 (Amazon, B&H, Adorama) and it will be released on March 7, 2016 while the Olympus Stylus Tough TG-870 camera retails for $279 (Amazon, B&H, Adorama) and it will be released on March 28, 2016.
Olympus ED 300mm f/4 IS PRO Lens Key Features:
- World’s most compact, lightweight 300mm (600mm equivalent) f4.0 super-telephoto lens make super-telephoto hand-held photography possible
- World’s most powerful 6-steps of compensation synchronized in-lens and in-body I.S.
- 600mm Short-Distance Photography – Closest focusing distance of 1.4m
- Maximum image magnification of 0.48x (35mm equiv.) telemacro photography
- Splash, Dust and Freezeproof Design Manual Focus Clutch & Lfn button to instantly switch shooting styles
- Body IS & Lens IS combined to maximize image stabilization (when used with E-M1 or E-M5 Mark II)
- 3 Super ED Lenses suppress color bleeding and chromatic aberrations
- High-precision, large-diameter thin GKL lenses for fast autofocus
- ZERO & New Nano Coating Z significantly reduces ghosts and flares
- Fast AF speed of 300 ms or less with OM-D E-M1
- Combined with MC-14 Teleconverter maximum Micro Four Thirds focal length of 840mm (35mm equivalent) is achieved.
- OM-D Silent Shutter and 300mm f4.0 PRO Lens allows for discreet telephoto shooting
Olympus Stylus Tough TG-870 Camera Key features:
- Waterproof to 50 ft (15m), Shockproof to 7 ft (2.1m)
- Crushproof to 220 lbf. (100 kgf), Freezeproof to 14°F (-10°C)
- 21mm Ultra-Wide Angle Lens, 5x Optical Zoom, 180° Tilting LCD
- Built-In Wi-Fi & GPS (OI Share & OI Track)
- NEW: LCD Boost maximizes monitor brightness – 2.6x brighter than normal
- Sportcam Mode (60p Movie, High-Speed Movie, Time-Lapse Movie, Sport Burst)
- Sport Burst Shooting (sequential shooting with interval shooting)
- Front customizable function button
- Self Portrait Mode
- Super Macro Mode
- Easy Smart Phone Connection with QR Code Set Up
- NEW: 13 Art Filters
- NEW: Live Composite Mode captures light trails easily
- NEW: Nightscape Movie Mode optimizes night shooting
- NEW: AF Lock for capturing moving subjects accurately
- Double-lock waterproof battery door
Note: If you are a Olympus User, you can now join the Olympus Users Facebook Group to share your Olympus photography and advice, ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!
Olympus Users: https://www.facebook.com/groups/OlympusUsers