We have received information from multiple Chinese sources that the “NIKKOR Z 600mm f/6.3 PF” will be announced on October 10th. The size and weight will be approximately the same as the existing AF-S 500mm F5.6E PF ED VR lens.
The lens is expected to cost around $4,000. It should weigh around 3 pounds (1390g). The official announcement is rumored to be on October 10th, but could it be a development announcement?
The current NIKKOR Z lens roadmap only has the “35mm S-Line” left, but rumors via China suggest that a “600mm F6.3” may appear. If this is true, it will likely become an affordable super telephoto single focus lens with a reduced lens aperture and price, like the NIKKOR Z 400mm f4.5 VR S and NIKKOR Z 800mm f/6.3 VR S. Although the price cannot be said to be absolutely cheap, compared to the 600mm F4 (which has become more expensive with TC), $4000 can be considered reasonable.
Speaking of 600mm F6.3, this is the area covered by the recently released zoom lens ” NIKKOR Z 180-600mm f/5.6-6.3 VR.” The question remains whether a single focal length lens should be used here. That said, if it were to be similar in size to the AF-S 500mm F5.6 (106 x 237mm 1460g), it would be an interesting option as a fairly lightweight, compact and easy-to-use 600mm lens.
Note: Join the Nikon Camera Users Facebook Group to share your Nikon photography and advice, ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!
- Best Lenses for Nikon Z8
- Best Memory Cards for Nikon Z8
- Best Lenses for Nikon Z7 II
- Best Memory Cards for Nikon Z7 II
- Best Lenses for Nikon Z6 II
- Best Memory Cards for Nikon Z6 II
- Best Lenses for Nikon Zf
- Best Memory Cards for Nikon Zf
- Best Lenses for Nikon Z fc
- Best Memory Cards for Nikon Z fc
- Best Lenses for Nikon Z50
- Best Memory Cards for Nikon Z50
- Best Lenses for Nikon Z30
- Best Memory Cards for Nikon Z30