Changes from Nikon D5 “C” Firmware Version 1.21 to 1.30:
• Added Recall shooting functions to the functions that can be assigned to camera controls. Holding the selected control recalls previously-saved exposure settings (including shutter speed and aperture), a feature that can for example be used to switch rapidly between scenes that require different exposures.
Recall shooting functions can be assigned to the following controls using Custom Setting f1 (Custom control assignment): Preview button, Fn1 button, Fn2 button, AF-ON button, Sub-selector center, AF-ON button for vertical shooting, and Lens focus function buttons. It can also be assigned to the Fn button on a WR-1 or WR-T10 remote control using the Assign remote (WR) Fn button option in the SETUP MENU.
– If Backup or RAW Slot 1 – JPEG Slot 2 was selected for PHOTO SHOOTING MENU > Role played by card in Slot 2 in http server mode, the shutter would sometimes not be released during burst shooting.
– Reactivating the standby timer would sometimes fail to re-establish the link between the camera and some makes of mobile router connected via Ethernet cable (Prioritize power saving selected for SETUP MENU > Network > Options > Power saving).
• The focal lengths displayed when teleconverters for AF-S or AF-I lenses are attached have been updated as follows:
Lens focal length
The focal length displays for some combinations of lenses and teleconverters may differ from those given above.
• The SETUP MENU > Time zone and date > Time zone display now shows only the names of major cities in the currently selected zone.