Canon has filed a new patent for the EF 28-560mm f/2.8-5.6 lens. This is a 20x optical formula super zoom lens designed for Canon full frame DSLRs. A few months ago Canon was allegedly working on the successor to the current EF 28-300 f/3.5-5.6L IS lens. And this EF 28-560mm f/2.8-5.6 lens should be the replacement for the EF 28-300 f/3.5-5.6L IS lens.
Take a look at the patent details below translated by Google.
Patent Publication No. 2016-80973
- Published 2016.5.16
- Filing date 2014.10.21
- Zoom ratio 18.78
- Focal length 28.80 139.49 540.91
- F-number 2.88 4.77 5.88
- Half angle of view (degrees) 36.91 8.82 2.29
- Image height 21.64
- The total lens length 298.13 341.13 398.13
- BF 44.99 76.94 116.58
- Close range 700mm
- The effective diameter of the front lens 109.04mm
- Lens configuration 15 group 21 sheets
- Aspherical surface 7 five
- UD 1 sheet
- Positive and negative grain positive and negative polarity of the 6-group zoom
- Inner focus (1 part of Group 3)
Note: You can now join the Canon Camera Users Facebook Group to share your Canon photography and advice, ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!