Northlight-Images has been told that “the upcoming SD card style WiFi card will work with EOS utility and that the level of funtionality won’t necessarily be the same for all cameras that support it“. That means the new Canon W-E1 wifi adaptor will work on various Canon DSLRs and the funtionality will be different on different dslr cameras.
And it is highly likely that Canon will soon release new firmware updates after the W-E1 wifi adaptor announcement. The Canon W-E1 wifi adaptor will be announced soon and it is expected to be cheaper than the current Canon WFT-E7A Wireless File Transmitter ($769).
Take a look at the specification of this new wifi adaptor “W-E1″:
- Size: 24.0mm x 32.0mm x 2.1mm
- Weight: about 2g
- Operating temperature: 0-40 degrees. Humidity of 85% or less
- Transmission scheme: IEEE 802.11B / G / N
- Transfer range: 10m/33ft
- Allow the camera to be remote controlled from a smartphone
- Wireless remote operation possible using EOS Utility
Thanks CanonRumors for spotting this!
Read more: Canon Rumors