It is now confirmed that the Nikon Nikkor Z 600mm f/6.3 PF lens will be announced on October 10th. The size and weight will be approximately the same as the existing AF-S 500mm F5.6E PF ED VR lens. The lens is expected be priced around $4,000. It should weigh around 3 pounds (1390g).
The current NIKKOR Z lens roadmap only has the “35mm S-Line” left, but rumors via China suggest that a “600mm F6.3” may appear. If this is true, it will likely become an affordable super telephoto single focus lens with a reduced lens aperture and price, like the NIKKOR Z 400mm f4.5 VR S and NIKKOR Z 800mm f/6.3 VR S. Although the price cannot be said to be absolutely cheap, compared to the 600mm F4 (which has become more expensive with TC), $4000 can be considered reasonable.
The Nikkor Z 180-600mm f/5.6-6.3 VR is currently very popular among Nikon’s super telephoto lenses, but for those who value portability, the compact and lightweight Z 600mm f/6.3 PF will likely be an attractive option.
Note: Join the Nikon Camera Users Facebook Group to share your Nikon photography and advice, ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!
- Canon RF Lens Roadmap 2023
- Sony Lens Roadmap 2023
- Fujifilm X-mount Lens Roadmap 2023
- Fujifilm G-mount Lens Roadmap 2023
- Sony Black Friday Deals 2023
- Canon Black Friday Deals 2023
- Nikon Black Friday Deals 2023
- Fujifilm Black Friday Deals 2023
- Mirrorless Camera Black Friday 2023
- DSLR Camera Black Friday 2023
- Black Friday Camera Deals 2023