Canon Rumors has recently unveiled details regarding the highly anticipated “RF 200-800mm f/6.3-9 IS” lens. Notably, this lens, despite not being part of the prestigious L series, is set to sport a distinctive white exterior and is rumored to incorporate diffractive optics (DO) technology, akin to the f/11 prime lenses. The official announcement will be on November 2, 2023.
Apparently, the RF 200-800mm f/6.3-9 IS will get the white paint treatment. It will also get the DO (diffractive optics) treatment similar to the f/11 prime lenses.
Should these reports hold true, the RF 200-800mm f/6.3-9 IS would be a rarity in Canon’s lens lineup, as non-L series lenses typically don’t come in white. There is, however, some ambiguity regarding its L-series designation. Furthermore, its utilization of DO lenses, as seen in the “RF 600mm F11 IS STM” and “RF 800mm F11 IS STM,” sparks curiosity. If confirmed, this would mark the first instance since the “EF 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 DO IS USM” that Canon employs DO technology in a zoom lens.
The inclusion of DO lenses often results in more compact and lightweight designs, and given the historical precedent of the “EF 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 DO IS USM,” it’s plausible to anticipate a relatively compact build for the 200-800mm lens. The lens size for the 800mm DO zoom will be of particular interest to photographers eagerly awaiting the release of this innovative addition to Canon’s lineup.
- Best Canon RF Lenses
- Best Canon Cameras for Vlogging
- Best Canon Lenses for Vlogging
- Best Canon Cameras for Video
- Best Canon RF Lenses for Video
- Best Canon RF Lenses for Portraits
- Best Canon RF Lenses for Weddings
- Best Lenses for Canon R5
- Best Memory Cards for Canon R5
- Best Lenses for Canon R6
- Best Memory Cards for Canon R6
- Best Lenses for Canon R6 Mark II
- Best Lenses for Canon R8
- Black Friday Camera Deals 2023
- Mirrorless Camera Black Friday 2023
- DSLR Camera Black Friday 2023
- Canon Black Friday Deals 2023