On Aptil 20 we just see the announcement of Canon EOS C300 Mark III Cinema Camere & CINE-SERVO 25-250mm T2.95 lens – we didn’t see the official announcement of Canon EOS R6. The latest rumor suggests that Canon is still planning to announce the Canon EOS R6 mirrorless camera sometime in May 2020. And we also expect the Canon EOS R5 to be officially announced along with the Canon EOS R6 in May.
Canon EOS R6 Rumored Specifications:
- 20mp full-frame CMOS sensor
- 12fps mechanical and 20fps electronic.
- 4K @ 60p
- FullHD @ 120p
- Dual card slots
- No top-down screen
- Lower resolution EVF than the EOS R5
- Build quality not as good as the EOS R5
- New battery (Not sure if it’s the same as the EOS R5)
- June 2020 launch (We think a May announcement)
So, according to this specifications, the Canon EOS R6 will be a lower-end camera than the Canon EOS R5, and not some kind of high-ISO speed/sports camera – The Canon EOS R6 will be a great camera targetted at a very different user than the Canon EOS R5 and Canon EOS 1D X Mark III. The source also claims that the Canon EOS R6 will NOT use the same sensor as the Canon EOS 1D X Mark III.
Stay tuned with us to get more Canon Rumors.
Read more: Best Lenses for Canon EOS R.