Featuring a 24.2MP APS-C CMOS sensor and DIGIC 6 image processor, the Canon EOS 80D DSLR is capable of capturing high-resolution images at up to 7 fps and Full HD 1080p60 video, both with reduced noise and high sensitivity up to an expanded ISO 25600 for working in difficult lighting conditions. When working with the optical viewfinder, an apt 45-point all cross-type AF system affords fast performance in a range of lighting conditions for tracking moving subjects and working in low light, while the Dual Pixel CMOS AF system benefits live view shooting and movie recording by providing a smooth, natural focusing quality akin to the way a camcorder acquires focus.
- New 45-point all cross-type AF system
- Intelligent Viewfinder with approximately 100% viewfinder coverage
- Newly Developed 24.2 Megapixel (APS-C) CMOS sensor
- DIGIC 6 image processor for enhanced image quality
- Improved Dual Pixel CMOS AF for smooth, fast and accurate autofocus with video and stills
- Built-in Wi-Fi®2 and NFCTM2 capability for easy transfer of images and movies to compatible mobile devices
- 1080/60p Full HD video to capture brilliant results in MP4 format for easy movie sharing on select social networking sites
- Vari-angle Touch Screen 3.0-inch Clear View LCD II monitor enables flexible positioning and clear viewing even outdoors
Canon EOS 80D vs 70D: Is It Worth The Upgrade?
- 60 FPS & 50 FPS at 1080p (70D only 720p at 60 FPS)
- 24.2 Mp vs. 20Mp
- New battery: LP-E6N, but is backwards compatible with regular LP-E6’s.
- Extra Custom Setting on Mode Dial
- Headphone jack added (and is now angled to help with having the screen flipped out)
- Continuous Autofocus in Live View Mode while taking stills
- 45 autofocus points vs. 19 on the 70D
- 80D adds NFC (Near Frequency Communication) to the wifi already included in the 70D
- Still has the touch screen autofocus while recording video
- Built-in mic is moved to the front
- Higher maximum ISO
- New 18-135mm kit zoom lens with Nano USM (faster AF)
- New PZ-E1 Power Zoom Adapter ($150)
- New DM-E1 Shotgun Microphone ($250)
Note: If you are a Canon Camera User, you can now join the Canon Camera Users Facebook Group to share your Canon photography and advice, ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!
Canon Camera Users: https://www.facebook.com/groups/CanonCameraUsers