- EF-M-Mount Lens/APS-C Format
- 51.2mm (35mm Equivalent)
- Aperture Range: f/1.4 to f/16
- One Aspherical Element
- Super Spectra Coating
- Gear-Type STM Stepping AF Motor
- Rounded 7-Blade Diaphragm
Canon Introduces New Lens Featuring The Largest and Fastest Aperture in The EF-M Lens Family
New EF-M 32mm F/1.4 STM Expands Canon’s Robust Lineup of EF-M Lenses Aimed at Entry and Enthusiast-Level Photographers
MELVILLE, N.Y., September 5, 2018 – Canon U.S.A. Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions, today introduced a new EF-M wide angle fixed-focal-length lens, the EF-M 32mm f/1.4 STM. The EF-M lens is both compact and lightweight, serving as an ideal addition for any photographer shooting with an EOS-M series camera. Entry and enthusiast-level photographers who are passionately seeking to take their photography skills to the next-level will find this lens to be a great addition for portraiture, landscapes or general travel photography.
“As Canon continues to expand the company’s EF-M lineup, it is very important that users are provided the tools they desire for a variety of shooting situations,” said Kazuto Ogawa, president and chief operating officer, Canon U.S.A., Inc. “The new EF-M 32mm f/1.4 STM lens delivers great image quality in a compact and lightweight form factor, allowing photographers to capture the images they envision when they pick up their camera.”
The EF-M 32mm f/1.4 STM lens is the second EF-M lens to feature a large-aperture, delivering stunning bokeh with a soft blurred background that helps photographers isolate their subjects. In addition, the 32mm focal length converts to approximately 51m in 35mm format, providing an angle-of-view close to the field-of-view of the human eye.
Additional noteworthy features of the EF-M 32mm f/1.4 STM lens include:
- 14 elements in eight groups, including a glass molded aspherical lens
- Super Spectra Coating technology and optimized lens element placement helps minimize ghosting and flaring
- Lead gear-type STM stepping motor to help provide smooth and quiet focus operation when taking photos, and near-silence when shooting video
- Wide focusing ring with full-time manual focus capabilities
- Compact and lightweight design: maximum diameter of 60.9mm, total length of 50.5mm and approximate weight of 235g
- Maximum magnification of 0.25x and minimum focusing distance of 0.23m
Availability and Pricing
The EF-M 32mm f/1.4 STM will be available for purchase in late September 2018 for an estimated retail price of $479.99*. Included accessories for the new lens are Canon lens cap E-43, lens hood ES-60 and lens case LP-1014. For additional information about the new lens or to learn more about the complete lineup of Canon EF-M lenses, please visit usa.canon.com.
Via: Canon USA