The first sample images of Canon EF 400mm f/4 DO IS II USM Lens have been leaked online. Take a look! Canon announced three new lenses along with the Canon EOS 7D Mark II DSLR camera: EF 400mm f/4 DO IS II USM, EF 24-105mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM and EF-S 24mm f/2.8 STM Pancake. The EF 400mm f/4 DO IS II USM lens is priced at $6,899.00 and it will be released on November 24, 2014.
Canon EF 400mm f/4 DO IS II USM Lens Features
- Compact, lightweight super telephoto lens that is ideal for sports and wildlife photography.
- Newly-developed gapless dual-layer diffractive optical elements deliver improved image quality with reduced flare.
- Large diameter ground aspherical lens and UD lens for even greater optical performance.
- Optical Image Stabilizer provides up to four shutter speed stops of correction*.
- Three image stabilization modes (standard, panning, and during exposure only) provide exceptional results for a wide range of shooting situations.
- For greater convenience, Image Stabilizer does not have to be disabled when shooting with a tripod.
- AF stop buttons on the front of the lens allow you to stop autofocusing at any point.
- Optimized lens placement and coatings deliver exceptional color balance, while minimizing ghosting and flare.
- Highly resistant to dust and water, enabling shooting even in harsh conditions.
- Circular aperture (9 blades) delivers beautiful, soft backgrounds.
- Full-time manual focus allows manual focus adjustment while in AF Mode.
- Power Focus mode enables smooth focus shifts essential for filmmaking.
- Fluorine coating on front and rear lens surfaces reduces smears and fingerprints.
- Minimum focusing distance of 10.8 ft./3.3 m.
See the sample images below: