Best Lenses for Panasonic GH4 Mirrorless Camera. Looking for recommended lenses for your Panasonic GH4? Here are the top rated Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 lenses.
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 is the world’s first Mirrorless Micro Four Thirds camera with 4K video recording capability. Panasonic GH4 gets 85% overall score Gold Award at DPReview. Designed for both professional photo and video use, Panasonic GH4 Mirrorless Micro Four Thirds camera features a 16.05-megapixel Digital Live MOS sensor and a 4-CPU Venus Engine, and a weather-sealed magnesium alloy body, while offering increased resolution on both the OLED monitor and electronic viewfinder. And of course, it is one of the best mirrorless cameras.
Below are the top recommended lenses for Panasonic GH4 mirrorless camera. You can choose the one you need.
Best Lenses for Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4
Full List of Recommended Panasonic GH4 Lenses
Best Prime (Portrait) Lenses for Panasonic GH4
Below are top recommended prime lenses for Panasonic GH4. Choose the one you like best.
- Panasonic 42.5mm f/1.2: This lens is incredibly sharp, focuses fast, has effective image stabilization, creates creamy background blur and produces great color and contrast. This is an elite lens and it stacks up well against elite lenses in any format. The MFT system has some great lenses in this focal range but nothing else has the unique look this lens produces.
- Olympus 45mm f/1.8: This single focal length portrait lens has a beautiful shallow depth of field. It is sharp wide open but retains a very organic look. A modern prime with a pleasing organic image. The MSC mechanism is
great for tracking a moving child or pet, and provides a quick and silent focus mechanism for movies and still photography.
- Olympus 75mm f/1.8: A new, bright, f1.8 Micro Four Thirds Lens. Perfect for portraits and challenging lighting conditions. Hands down one of the best lenses on any camera system. A stellar performer.
- Panasonic 25mm f/1.4: Five Star! It is one of my favorite lenses and one of the best “walkabout” lenses for the Panasonic GH4. A fast native 25mm prime with lightning-quick autofocus and very good optics. Razor sharp wide open and snappy autofocus. Wide enough for landscapes but shallow DOF for great portraits.
- Olympus 25mm f/1.8: Slightly slower than Panasonic’s 25mm, but still quite sharp and a fair bit cheaper too. With a 25mm focal length and 47 degree angle of view, this lens sits right between wide and telephoto designs, making it a great choice as an all-around lens for your photography. A fast f1.8 circular aperture delivers beautifully soft defocused backgrounds for impressive portraits or when subject emphasis is the desired photographic effect. An inner focusing mechanism assures fast and accurate auto-focusing, and because it is an MSC design, it offers nearly silent focusing operation – a great feature when shooting HD movies. Unless you need a wider aperture, Olympus’ more affordable 25mm prime lens may fit the bill.
- SLR Magic 25mm T/0.95 Hyperprime Cine II: It is one of the World’s brightest 25mm lenses available. Aimed at movie and film use with a smooth decoupled aperture allowing seemless transitions of exposure, It is dedicated to Micro Four Thirds (MFT) mount cameras, currently Panasonic, Olympus and Blackmagic Cinema cameras. The 25mm Hyperprime is a manual focus only lens with superb metal construction to the highest standards. The impressive workmanship is well suited for professional use. An ultra fast manual lens for when you’re shooting in low light environments.
|Panasonic Leica DG Nocticron 42.5mm f/1.2 ASPH Power OIS||$1,398||Amazon|
|Olympus M. Zuiko Digital ED 45mm f/1.8||$399||Amazon|
|Olympus M. Zuiko Digital ED 75mm f1.8||$899||Amazon|
|Panasonic Leica DG Summilux 25mm f/1.4 ASPH||$558||Amazon|
|Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 25mm f/1.8||$399||Amazon|
|SLR Magic 25mm T0.95 Hyperprime Cine II Lens||$899||Amazon|
|Panasonic LUMIX G 20mm f/1.7 II ASPH||$399||Amazon|
|Voigtlander Nokton 25mm f/0.95 Type II||$932||Amazon|
|Sigma 19mm f/2.8 DN||$199||Amazon|
Best Standard Zoom Lenses for Panasonic GH4
Below are top recommended zoom lenses for Panasonic GH4.
- Olympus 12-40mm F/2.8: A fast zoom that is equally capable for stills and video work. Its clutched focus ring can quickly switch from autofocus to fully manual focus with hard stops and repeatable focus.
- Panasonic 12-35mm F/2.8: Excellent zoom lens. Panasonic’s 12-35mm f/2.8 constant aperture zoom lens is the workhorse of run & gun shooters everywhere. Thanks to its built-in image stabilization, you can even shoot usable footage without a rig.
|Olympus M. Zuiko Digital ED 12-40mm f/2.8 PRO||$999||Amazon|
|Panasonic Lumix G X Vario 12-35mm f/2.8 Asph||$898||Amazon|
|Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-140mm f/3.5-5.6 Lens||$549||Amazon|
|Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm f/3.5-5.6 ASPH||$297||Amazon|
|Panasonic Lumix G Vario 12-32mm f/3.5-5.6 ASPH||$348||Amazon|
Best Telephoto Prime Lenses for Panasonic GH4
Olympus 75mm F/1.8: Olympus 75mm f/1.8 prime lens is considered to be one of the highest quality lenses for any camera system. As a native MFT lens, this prime is a real gem. It is sharp wide open. The only thing missing from this high-performance lens is a manual focus ring with hard stops. If Olympus released an updated version of this lens with hard stops, it would be unbeatable.
|Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm f/1.8||$899||Amazon|
|Samyang 85mm f/1.4 Aspherical IF||$279||Amazon|
|Tokina 300mm f/6.3 Reflex Telephoto Macro||$199||Amazon|
|Bower 300mm f/6.3 Mirror Lens||$299||Amazon|
Best Telephoto Zoom Lenses for Panasonic GH4
Panasonic 35-100mm f/2.8: Designed to be the World’s Smallest and Lightest Full-range F2.8 Telephoto Zoom Lens. Professional Grade Glass for your Viewing and Focus Creativity.
|Panasonic 35-100mm f/2.8 Lumix G Vario||$999||Amazon|
|Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F/4.0-5.6 OIS||$598||Amazon|
|Panasonic 45-200mm f/4-5.6 G Vario MEGA O.I.S.||$277||Amazon|
|Panasonic Lumix G X Vario PZ 45-175mm f/4.0-5.6||$398||Amazon|
|Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm f/4.0-5.6 R||$199||Amazon|
Best Wide-angle Prime Lenses for Panasonic GH4
Below are top recommended wide-angle prime lenses for Panasonic GH4.
- Olympus 12mm f/2.0: This high-speed, single-focal-length, wide-angle lens is ideal for shooting everything from dramatic landscapes in low- light conditions to hard-to-get, spontaneous street shots. It has a beautiful full-metal body and a snap ring that enables photographers to pan focus with a distance indicator.
- SLR Magic 12mm T/1.6: The SLR Magic HyperPrime 12mm f/1.6 lens is optimal for many types of photography, utilized by customers who consider themselves to be an Enthusiast among others. This extremely fast wide angle of view opens up many new creative composition opportunities, especially in the fields of interior, architectural and landscape cinematography and photography; particularly well-suited for wide angle photography and low light shooting, along with the fast T1.6 aperture for full depth of focus control.
- Panasonic 15mm F/1.7 ASPH: This les is well-suited to everyday shooting applications. Fast f/1.7 maximum aperture benefits working in difficult lighting conditions and is also useful for controlling depth of field for selective focus applications.
- Voigtlander Nokton 17.5mm f/0.95: It gives a 35 mm equivalent field-of-view on the system and has been designed with silent, stepless aperture control for videography. Though it is soft wide open, the f/0.95 maximum aperture makes this a great low-light lens when you need it. Stop it down to f/1.4, and sharpness increases dramatically.
- Rokinon Cine 16mm T2.2: An affordable, fast, and versatile prime lens especially when paired with the Metabones Speed Booster. Ideal for narrative production.
- Olympus 17mm F/1.8: If you need a 17mm lens with repeatable focus and autofocus, this is your jam.
|Olympus M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 12mm f/2.0||$799||Amazon|
|SLR Magic HyperPrime Cine 12mm T/1.6||$599||Amazon|
|Panasonic LUMIX G Leica DG Summilux 15mm f/1.7 ASPH||$598||Amazon|
|Voigtlander Nokton 17.5mm f/0.95||$1,149||Amazon|
|Rokinon 16mm T2.2 Cine||$399||Amazon|
|Olympus 17mm F/1.8||$499||Amazon|
|Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5 Ultra Wide-Angle Fisheye||$299||Amazon|
|Panasonic Lumix G 14mm f/2.5 ASPH||$309||Amazon|
|Panasonic Lumix G Fisheye 8mm F/3.5||$640||Amazon|
Best Wide-angle Zoom Lenses for Panasonic GH4
See the top recommended wide-angle zoom lenses for Panasonic GH4 below.
- Panasonic 7-14mm f/4.0: Taking advantage of its wide, 114-degree angle of view, users can easily fit subjects into the frame even when shooting indoors where the distance is limited. The world looks extraordinary when viewed through the new lens, allowing photos and movies to be recorded with a uniquely rich perspective.
- Olympus 9-18mm f/4.0-5.6 ED: This lens gets 77% overall score Silver Award at DPReview. It is designed to maximize the performance advantages of the Micro Four Thirds System, and it’s significantly lighter and more compact–easily fitting in a jacket pocket.
|Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm f/4.0 ASPH||$869||Amazon|
|Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm f/4.0-5.6||$699||Amazon|
Best Macro Lenses for Panasonic GH4
Bwlow are top recommended macro lenses for Panasonic GH4.
|Panasonic Leica DG Macro-Elmarit 45mm f/2.8 ASPH. MEGA O.I.S.||$898||Amazon|
|Olympus M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 60mm f/2.8 Macro||$499||Amazon|