I already reported that Zeiss will announce a new the first Zeiss Otus wide-angle lens in September, and Diglloyd confirmed that Zeiss will have a product announcement later this week. So I think we can see the the first Zeiss Otus wide-angle lens and the new wide angle Loxia FE lens soon. Exciting news!
The new wide angle prime Otus lens will be wider and likely 24mm. We know that Zeiss is used to producing 25mm wide angle lenses (25mm f/2.8 and 25mm f/2), so the new Zeiss Otus 24mm f/1.4 Lens will be a rare lens for Zeiss and we are really expecting its announcement. Zeiss Otus Lenses are the completely new line lenses, Zeiss has released two new Otus lenses: Zeiss Otus 55mm f/1.4 lens and Zeiss Otus 85mm f/1.4 Lens.
I also reported that Zeiss has no plan to announce another new Batis Lens in 2015, and one new wide angle Zeiss Loxia lens will be announced soon.
Let’s wait and see what will happen. Stay tuned for more info.
Note: A more substantial volume of Zeiss Batis lenses will be released in September, thanks to an expansion of the production capacity. So, if you are interested, order immediately so as to obtain your ZEISS Batis lenses as soon as possible.
Read more: Zeiss Rumors
- The King of Wide Angle? Zeiss Otus 24mm f/1.4 Lens Coming Next Month
- New Zeiss Otus Wide Angle Prime Lens to be Announced in September
- No New Zeiss Batis Lens Coming in 2015, One New Loxia Coming Soon
- Zeiss Otus 85mm f/1.4 Lens First Image Leaked
- Zeiss Otus 85mm f/1.4 to be Announced Tomorrow (Sept 8) for 4000 Euro