Zeiss will make a new product announcement between October 12 and 16. And what we can almost certainly expect to be announced are:
1. New Zeiss Otus 28mm f/1.4 lens for Canon and Nikon mount.
2. New Zeiss Loxia 21mm f/2.8 FE Lens.
The new Zeiss Loxia 21mm f/2.8 FE Lens is based on the Zeiss 21mm f/2.8 Biogon ZM lens design.
The previous rumors said that Sony and Zeiss will announce new FE lenses in mid October, 2015. One of those lenses is rumored to be the 21mm f/2.8 Loxia.
And it is confirmed that Sony will add an additional 8 new lenses to its FE full frame lineup by early 2016.
Zeiss Otus Lenses are the completely new line lenses, Zeiss has released two new Otus lenses: Zeiss Otus 55mm f/1.4 lens and Zeiss Otus 85mm f/1.4 Lens. The new Otus 85mm is without question the most desirable and best performing 85mm portrait lens available. Zeiss Otus 85mm f/1.4 prime lens scored 49 points, just one point less than the Zeiss Otus 55mm f/1.4 lens.
Read more: Zeiss Rumors
- Zeiss to Announce Otus 28mm Lens in Mid October
- Zeiss Loxia 21mm f/2.8 FE Lens to be Announced in Mid October
- Zeiss Press Event Coming Later This Week, Otus Wide-Angle and Loxia Coming?
- New Zeiss Otus Wide Angle Prime Lens to be Announced in September
- Zeiss Otus 24mm f/1.4 Lens to be Announced Today (2-3PM Amsterdam Time)