Zeiss will make a new product announcement around mid October, 2015. And we will finally be able to see a new Otus lens. But the new Otus lens is NOT the previous rumored 24mm lens, but a 28mm fast prime lens. The aperture of this new Otus 28mm Lens is still unknown, but it is expected to be f/1.4 and it will be available in Canon and Nikon mount. This new Otus 28mm Lens will be a very big lens.
A few days ago Zeiss announced a completely new “Milvus” lens line for Canon EF-mount and Nikon F-mount DSLR cameras.
The previous rumors said that Sony and Zeiss will announce new FE lenses in mid October, 2015. One of those lenses is rumored to be the 21mm f/2.8 Loxia.
And it is confirmed that Sony will add an additional 8 new lenses to its FE full frame lineup by early 2016.
Zeiss Otus Lenses are the completely new line lenses, Zeiss has released two new Otus lenses: Zeiss Otus 55mm f/1.4 lens and Zeiss Otus 85mm f/1.4 Lens. The new Otus 85mm is without question the most desirable and best performing 85mm portrait lens available. Zeiss Otus 85mm f/1.4 prime lens scored 49 points, just one point less than the Zeiss Otus 55mm f/1.4 lens.
Read more: Zeiss Rumors
- New Zeiss Otus Wide Angle Prime Lens to be Announced in September
- The King of Wide Angle? Zeiss Otus 24mm f/1.4 Lens Coming Next Month
- Zeiss Otus 24mm f/1.4 Lens to be Announced Today (2-3PM Amsterdam Time)
- Zeiss Otus 85mm f/1.4 Lens New Image and Design Info
- Zeiss Press Event Coming Later This Week, Otus Wide-Angle and Loxia Coming?