Multi-shot XXMP modes are really great but nothing new, Olympus and Hasselblad have already added this feature to their products. We got words earlier today that Olympus will bring this great feature to their upcoming PEN-F camera, just like the Olympus OM-D E-M5 Mark II.
If the report on 4/3 Rumors is correct, the upcoming Olympus PEN-F camera will feature an impressive 50MP mode that will allow users to capture incredible levels of detail with their tiny M4/3 camera.
This Olympus PEN-F camera will be announced on January 27, 2016 and it seems that this camera will have many improvements and great features than the current Olympus MFT cameras. Beyond the feature itself, I am really curious if Olympus will make any improvement on the technology.
The new Olympus PEN-F camera will feature a very high-resolution integrated viewfinder and new 20-megapixel Micro Four Thirds sensor made by Sony. And it is rumored to be priced at 1,499 Euro.
Olympus PEN-F Rumored Specs:
- Sony 20-megapixel Micro Four Thirds sensor
- 50 megapixel High Res mode
- New EVF
- High-resolution integrated viewfinder
- Two kit options : 14-42mm f3.5-5.6 EZ kit (€1,499) and 17mm f/1.8 kit (€1,799)
- Built-in Wi-fi
- Announcement on January 27, 2016
Read more: Olympus Rumors
Note: If you are a Olympus User, you can now join the Olympus Users Facebook Group to share your Olympus photography and advice, ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!
Olympus Users: https://www.facebook.com/groups/OlympusUsers
- Olympus E-M10 II Coming with an Additional Electronic Shutter Mode
- New Olympus PEN-F Camera Coming on January 27, First Image Leaked
- New Olympus PEN Camera Coming in Early 2016 with Built-in Viewfinder!
- Next Olympus MFT Camera Announcement Coming in Early Spring 2016
- More Olympus PEN-F Images Leaked