The CES 2016 will be held from the 6th to 9th of January. So maybe the Fujifilm X-Pro2 will be announced at CES 2016. Or, there will be a separate announcement, just like the X-T1, which was not announced at CES but a few weeks later at the end of January.
According to the previous rumors, Fujifilm X-Pro2 will use the same Sony a7000 sensor, so they have to wait at least 6 months after the sensor gets officially used on a Sony camera. And then they have the permission to use it in their own cameras. The Sony A7000 is rumored for mid October, if it is true, the Fujifilm X-Pro2 will be available in mid March or mid April.
Or, maybe the Fujifilm X-Pro2 will use another sensor?
And the previous rumor said that Fujifilm X-Pro2 will have the same size of the current Fujifilm X-Pro1 (in stock at Amazon for $799).
Fujifilm X-Pro2 Rumored Specs:
- APS-C sensor (TS + AS + AS)
- 24MP sensor (AS) – More than 16MP (AS)
- Weather Sealed
- 1/8000 of a second mechanical shutter speed (TS)
- dual SD card slot (NeS)
- coming late 2015 (TS + AS)
- coming September / October (OS + OS)
- tilt screen (AS)
- WiFi (AS)
- Non organic ASP-C X-Trans sensor (OS)
- X-PRO2 version with about 1.3 crop factor compared to FF (NeS)
- Price about 20% to 30% more expensive than the X-T1 (AS)
- 4K video (TS + NeS)
- Faster Processor EXR III (TS)
- smaller than X-PRO1 (OS)
- Sync Speed faster than 1/180th
Stay tuned for more info.
Note: Here is the next round of Fujifilm lens & camera rebates. Offer expires September 19th. Save up to $300 on Fujifilm XF Lenses and $100 Price Drop on Fujifilm X-T1.
Read more: Fujifilm Rumors
Follow Fujifilm X-Pro2 on Facebook:
Note: If you are a Fujifilm Camera User, you can now join the Fujifilm Camera Users Facebook Group to share your Fujifilm photography and advice, ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!
Fujifilm Camera Users: https://www.facebook.com/groups/FujifilmCameraUsers