According to the report coming out of CanonRumors, the Canon EOS 5DS (R) Mark II DSLR camera will probably be announced in Q4 of 2017, just before the close of 2017. And Canon will unveil only one body to replace both the 5DS and 5DS R. The detailed info (specs and price) are still unknown, but it is expected the Canon EOS 5DS (R) successor will have a new sensor and nearly the same ergonomics and features as the newly released 5D Mark IV.
Note: This is the first time we’ve heard of such a camera coming. None is confirmed anyway so it’s best to take reports with a pinch of salt.
Read more: Canon Rumors
Note: You can now join the Canon Camera Users Facebook Group to share your Canon photography and advice, ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!
- Canon EOS 6D Mark II Rumored to be Announced in February 2017
- Canon EOS 6D Mark II Rumored Specs (25MP, 4K), Coming at CP+ 2017
- Canon EOS-1D X Mark II Rumored to be Announced in January, 2016
- Canon 6D Mark II Rumored to be Announced in Late 2015
- Canon EOS 6D Mark II and New Canon DSLR Coming in 2017