The rumor mill is back with more information about Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS II USM Lens (70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS successor) – This new EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS II USM lens is still scheduled to be announced in 2016. The specific announcement date is still unknown. The previous rumor said this new 70-300mm lens will be announced in late August before Photokina 2016, probably along with the Canon EOS 5D Mark IV. Canon didin’t do that, but announced two new EF L-series lenses: EF 16-35mm f/2.8L III USM and 24-105mm f/4L IS II USM.
Now it is already confirmed that this new EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS II will have Nano-USM (not STM like the EF 24-105 f/3.5-5.6 IS), the latest IS and better optical performance. In addition, this Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS II USM Lens will be the first Canon lens with a built-in LCD display.
And Canon will soon announce a new Canon EOS M5 APS-C mirrorless camera, probably just after Photokina 2016. A new EF-M 18-150mm f/3.5-6.3 IS lens will be announced together with the Canon EOS M5.
The newly announced Canon products:
Read more: Canon Rumors
- New Canon EF 70-300mm Lens Confirmed to Have USM
- Canon EF 200-600 f/4.5-5.6 IS Lens in Testing, Coming in Late 2016
- The Final Specs of Olympus 300mm f/4 PRO Lens to be Announced in Late November?
- Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L III Lens Rumored to be Announced in Late 2015
- New Patent: Canon EF 24-300mm f/4-5.6 Lens