And Patrick Murphy-Racey posted an Open Letter to Sports Shooters and Photojournalists about the Sony A7RII: DENIAL is Not Just a River in Egypt
42 mp full-frame sensor of a new type that allows massive files with killer low light sensitivity
totally silent electronic shutter option (think locker rooms, court-rooms, ballet, symphony, funeral coverage)
Internal 4k capture with XAVC codec 3840 x 2160p / 29.97 fps (100 Mbps)
1920 x 1080p / 59.94 fps (50 Mbps)
1280 x 720p / 120 fps (50 Mbps)
399 AF points that are motion sensitive
weighs just 22 oz. with battery and memory card installed (vs. almost 2 lbs for a 5D3)
and… drum roll please….
…it debuts a new AF system Sony calls “PDAF fast hybrid auto focus”.
Sony a7RII AF Test with Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM Lens
Read more: Sony Alpha Rumors
- First Sony a7RII with Canon Mount Lens Autofocus Test Video:”Very Fast”
- Sony a7RII vs Canon 5Ds R Comparison Video by Miguel Quiles
- Sony a7RII has Faster AF than a6000, First Field Test by Brian Smith
- Sony Alpha a7RII Mirrorless Camera Announced: 42.4MP, 4K Video, $3,198
- Sony a7RII: The Real Canon 5Ds R Killer?