Reuters reports that Sony is about to purchase Toshiba’s image sensor business for around $165 Million and the sale is likely to be finalised soon.
Toshiba Corp is set to sell its image sensor business to Sony Corp for around 20 billion yen ($164.68 million) as part of a restructuring plan laid out earlier this year
Sony is already a dominant player in the image sensor market (40% market share) and several weeks ago Sony spun-off its image sensor business into a new company.
- Sony Raises Nearly $4 Billion to Ramp Up Their Sensor Business
- The Rumors are NOT True, Samsung will Stay in the Camera Business
- Sony RX10 II Sensor Review at DxOMark: Improved Sensor Performance
- 1,000 Photos a Second: Sony Working on Affordable High-Speed Image Sensors
- Canon Celebrates Milestone With Production Of 110 Million Interchangeable EF Lenses